What's new

Personna Super Stainless Blades

I recently bought a flare tip Rocket on the bay, and it came with a dozen Personna Super Stainless blades, made in England. I have tried and like the Israeli Personna Platinums, but I don't know anything about the SS.

Anybody try them? Thoughts? Obviously, I will try them and come to my own conclusions, but I'm curious as to what experiences others have had with them.

Can't help you with those blades.

But I can tell you that I am fixed on the Personna Med Prep Blades.

For me, better than everything I have tried including the Feathers.

The Meds are still my #1 blade. I still buy some others from time-to-time whenever I order some soap, etc., but come right back to the Meds.

A couple of weeks ago I got a new razor ATT R1 (and M1 plate). I went back to my sampler pack and six brands later, the winner and still champion is the Personna Med Prep.
I went through a similar bake-off when I acquired my Muhle R89 6 months ago. They are sharper than most but gave the most consistent shave from out of the package, to into the blade bank.

It is rumored that the "Lab blues" are the same blade. The Meds are just put through some sort of cleaning process. I don't know about all that, but I do like the Labs very much and they are about $12 for 100.

I've never heard of any made in England. Do they have the blue dot wrapper? They sound like Crystals to me, and I love them.

I recently bought a flare tip Rocket on the bay, and it came with a dozen Personna Super Stainless blades, made in England. I have tried and like the Israeli Personna Platinums, but I don't know anything about the SS.

Anybody try them? Thoughts? Obviously, I will try them and come to my own conclusions, but I'm curious as to what experiences others have had with them.

Made in England would be new old stock blades. I don't really know much about ASR's history in the UK, but they made razors in England under the Ever Ready, Gem, Pal and Personna brands, So it seems very likely that they would also make Personna blades. Certainly not making them now.
Pretty sure there are no blades currently manufactured in the UK. A shame, as from memory, the English Wilkinson Sword, Gillette and Boots branded blades were really good.:sob:

Last edited:
Those are the ones. I'll load one up and give it a go tomorrow just for fun. I'm guessing they are from the '70s, maybe? I've never tried a vintage blade before, but I know some guys like some stainless blades from that time period.

Gotta love how shaving is always different strokes for different folks. I actually can't wait to get rid of the 80 or so Med Preps I have. I end up with more weepers from them the rest together.

It is rumored that the "Lab blues" are the same blade. The Meds are just put through some sort of cleaning process. I don't know about all that, but I do like the Labs very much and they are about $12 for 100.

I paid just under $36 for a 100 blade box with $&H included.

IMHO well worth it for the 400 days of Barbershop Shaves I will be getting from them.

I have a crazy stash of those blades.

The old ones made in Britain.

You guys wouldn't believe me if I told you.

They're great. Almost any blade from the sixties and seventies beats the pants off of most any current production blade for me.

I have a crazy stash of those blades.

The old ones made in Britain.

You guys wouldn't believe me if I told you.

They're great. Almost any blade from the sixties and seventies beats the pants off of most any current production blade for me.

Are the British ones even better? I just had a crappy shave today and was so disappointed. It was a Sputnik. May have been crap lather though.

Funny how this works so much different for people too! I gave a Razorock Mission and a healthy little blade sample to a guy at work, and he said he opened up a Rapira Platinum first, and is still using that blade, which is a few weeks now. He said too that he always used a Sensor and rode the cartridge head for near two months.

Top Bottom