What's new

Personna Stainless hospital grade

Has anybody used these Personna Stainless Steel hospital grade blades?

How do they compare to the Person Blue (Israeli) ones?

Thanks

s-l1600-6.jpg

I like them and think they are sharper and smoother than the Israeli Personnas, but they can be a bit pricey.

I believe the Personna Reds are made in Israeli and the Personna Blues are made in the USA in the same plant that makes the Med Preps.

I find the Blues to be as sharp as Feather blades. A lot of guys see no difference between the Blues and the Med Prep. blades.

Excellent blades for me!! :a14::a14:

I find their performance the same as the lab blues, but others disagree.

I like both the US Personna Blue and the Med Prep blades. Both are sharp and smooth.

If there are issues, it is usually my technique.

I find I get the same shave from both the Med Preps and the Lab Blues. Given the price difference, I don't expect to buy many more Med Preps.

I know this is an old thread that’s been resurrected. However, I just bought a pack of 100 MiUSA Personna Med Preps for $25, and after two shaves with one of them, I’m a big fan. A smooth shaving blade in the SS Karve D plate on blade day #1, followed by the SS Timeless .68 SB on blade day #2. Tomorrow morning, on blade day #3, I’m planning to use a ‘69 Black Beauty with some Chiseled Face “Summer Storm” soap. I’m in Florida, so it seems appropriate.

US made prep blades and the US made Blue box Comfort Coated blades are my go to blades when all else goes bad.

I like the Lab Blues too, and prefer them over the Israeli Red.
They (Lab Blues) are the same blade as the Med Prep.
Quote from previous B&B thread on the subject..."Newer blades have white wrappers; older blades have blue wrappers. They are the same blade. They are stamped “Personna Super” and “Made in the U.S.A.” I am fairly certain that they are the same blade as “Med Preps,” which are made for hospital use and undergo an additional sterilization process".

Do most hospitals/medical facilities have those on hand?

I’ve worked in hospitals and medical facilities for over 30 years now. Never once have seen a De blade, when I inspected pre-op and OR on a monthly basis. I have no idea who uses them in the medical field or why they’re actually called med preps. They’re a great blade though.

The Personna Medical Prep blades are my favorite. I get mine from Robbins Instruments, a medical supply company.

They’ve become my go to blade. Smooth, close shaves and long lasting. They hack through my 72 hour Sunday night stubble with no tugging, discomfort, or irritation. The only downside is there are a few other great blades out there that cost less by the 100, but none of them are made in America either. Thanks for the link to Robbins, the med supply I was buying them from no longer sells boxes of 100, only 250, and I’ll be needing some within a few months.

Top Bottom