What's new

Personna Red Pack Blades vs Personna Light Blue Pack Blades

Ok so I have Personna Lab Blues, Crystals, Pearonna Med Prep and Personna Platinum Chrome....I only have experience with the “traditional” lab blues and still to try the others, all are Personna or made by Personna. The Labs and Med Preps are US made while the others are made in Israel as listed on the packs...similar? Not so much? I also have a tuck of Reds under another name...so confusing...

Last edited:
Ok so I have Personna Lab Blues, Crystals, Pearonna Med Prep and Personna Platinum Chrome....I only have experience with the “traditional” lab blues and still to try the others, all are Personna or made by Personna. The Labs and Med Preps are US made while the others are made in Israel as listed on the packs...similar? Not so much? I also have a tuck of Reds under another name...so confusing...
I'll agree with the confusing. My question now is what other name are the Reds under and where would you get those from?

6986B19F-FC97-424E-86D6-14A488AA9359.jpeg
I'll agree with the confusing. My question now is what other name are the Reds under and where would you get those from?
These guys...also made in Israel by Personna...Fendrihan use to sell them but they are now discontinued...

Most blade factories will produce private label blades to order. Those "PRECISION" blades could have been made for the French Canadian market since "inoxydable" is French for stainless.
Absolutely, they are also “polymer” coated. They are in essence identical to Crystal, Tesco etc.

I have a good stock of the US Personna lab Blues and the Israel’s Personna Reds: both are top tier but different for me.

The blues shave identically to Med Preps (also US made Personnas): sharp and often take a few shaves to smooth out before becoming very comfortable and long-lasting.

The reds shave differently from Crystals (also Isreli Personnas): are a hair less sharp than the Blues, smooth and comfortable right out of the package and last a hair less.

That is my experience for what it is worth. :a14::a14::a14::a14:

I have a good stock of the US Personna lab Blues and the Israel’s Personna Reds: both are top tier but different for me.

The blues shave identically to Med Preps (also US made Personnas): sharp and often take a few shaves to smooth out before becoming very comfortable and long-lasting.

The reds shave differently from Crystals (also Isreli Personnas): are a hair less sharp than the Blues, smooth and comfortable right out of the package and last a hair less.

I like that, a hair less, haha!

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius

Personna Platinum Chrome. You can find them just about any shaving supplier, and I've found them in some drugstores. The red packaging is most common when searching online. WCS has the UK packaging (the blue package).

I'm sure I'm imagining things, but I feel like there's a difference between the two blades pictured. I have been told that they are the same israeli-made blade, one packaged in red and one packaged in blue for the UK Market. That said I was using the Reds for a long time and like them quite a bit. They went out of stock and so I started using the UK package blades. I like them but something felt different. I just recently shaved again with the red package blades and thought wow they are much better. Just my opinion.

Ok so where would the Personna Platinums fit in? Like Personna Reds?

Top Bottom