What's new

Personna Red Pack Blades vs Personna Light Blue Pack Blades

G'day B&B

My question is the Personna Red Pack Blades vs Personna Light Blue Pack Blades are both the same see below.

Cheers ;)

proxy.php
proxy.php

Same blade in different packaging. I have both and can confirm that they feel and perform exactly the same.

Where are those blue ones made? I never saw blue ones in a package like that.
Both are made in Israel Ron.
I believe they do similar to Feather and have different packaging for different markets. The blue card insert in the white plastic pack used to be typically for the European market.

The blue packs are the only Personna's I've come across in the UK. Cheap, sharp and very smooth. Lovely blade.

IMO, the USA-made Personnas are okay, but nothing to write home about. Their main advantage is that they're inexpensive. I think their Israeli-made counterparts are better blades.

IMO, the USA-made Personnas are okay, but nothing to write home about. Their main advantage is that they're inexpensive. I think their Israeli-made counterparts are better blades.
Is that everyone else's experience? I haven't yet tried the US made Personnas, but I love the Israeli made ones and the US ones were on my list (esp. with their cheaper 100 pack prices). I had read a couple places that the US made Personnas are sharper and still quite smooth. What is it about the Israeli blades that you like better? Sharper, smoother, longevity, etc.?

I have purchased several 100 packs of US made Personna Lab Blues. I also bought 100 of the Israeli Personna Reds in the red packaging.

My experience is the US made Personna Lab Blues are sharper and smoother.

Maybe one of these days I can sort this out better.

For me, the Israeli Reds
Is that everyone else's experience? I haven't yet tried the US made Personnas, but I love the Israeli made ones and the US ones were on my list (esp. with their cheaper 100 pack prices). I had read a couple places that the US made Personnas are sharper and still quite smooth. What is it about the Israeli blades that you like better? Sharper, smoother, longevity, etc.?

For the US made Personna blades, I've only tried the Lab Blues, but I like the Israeli Reds more. For me, the Reds are smoother with no sacrifice in closeness. I keep small quantities of a few other blades around, but the Reds are my blade of choice and the ones I use probably 95% of the time.

If you're interested, PM me your contact information and I can mail you a few Lab Blues so that you can judge for yourself.

For me, the Israeli Reds

For the US made Personna blades, I've only tried the Lab Blues, but I like the Israeli Reds more. For me, the Reds are smoother with no sacrifice in closeness. I keep small quantities of a few other blades around, but the Reds are my blade of choice and the ones I use probably 95% of the time.

If you're interested, PM me your contact information and I can mail you a few Lab Blues so that you can judge for yourself.

I haven't tried that many blades yet, but I do reach for either the Personna Reds or the Astra SP just about every time I put in a new blade. I like the Personna Reds a bit more than the Astra SP. I suspect that there is a good chance this will be my primary blade too, though I do want to try others and see for sure.

Thanks for the offer on the Personna Labs, PM sent.

I find the Personna Labs (blue package) very sharp. To me they are much like Feathers. In an aggressive razor I find them a little too much. I have never tried the Personna Reds. Right now I am happy with Gillette Silver Blues. Smooth and sharp.

I can't tell any difference between the Reds or Blues. They are either the same blades, or my facial nerves are aging as fast as the rest of me. I prefer the UK packaging of the Reds. Great for a road trip.

Top Bottom