What's new

Personna Med Preps are Better than Labs

I wanted to test this theory out and maybe they are just better for my whiskers, but I got one hell of a shave with a Med Prep today. I used an Edwin Jagger and it sliced through my whiskers like they were butter. I may have to pop on a large supply.

Kirk

I just tried the new Personna Super blades that indicate a 25% sharper blade (per their website and listed on the box). They were very smooth and gave a great (BBS) shave using my FatBoy set on 6. They also received really good reviews.

Last edited:
The Meds are certainly superior to the Labs--to ME--and better than all others I've tired too. I'm down to Meds for the most part as a only-blade-used these days.

Bottom line though is this is a personal thing, not universal.

I've only tried the Labs since I got them for Christmas. They are half the price of the Meds so that's a plus but I'll have to try the meds soon. So far I still give the nod to Feather blades on my OC razors but the Lab seems much smoother on my adjustable.

I don't think I've tried the Med Preps but the Labs are a lot better than the red Israeli blades for me.

I bought a 100 pack of the labs untried because I liked the meds. I seem to only get 1 good shave out of the meds with my 2-3 day growth. If you like I'll let ya know what I think of the labs once I try a few out.

I bought the 25% sharper labs but have never tried the Meds.
3 shaves in on the first blade and its been very smooth and consistent. I think I like them better than feathers and Voskhods

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
There was a rumor floating around that read the only difference between the Meds and the Labs is that the Meds go through a sanitation wash before packaging. Because they are for medical use - "meds"
I think I heard that someone received that info directly from Personna.

As for myself...I can't remember ever trying either of them.

There was a rumor floating around that read the only difference between the Meds and the Labs is that the Meds go through a sanitation wash before packaging. Because they are for medical use - "meds"
I think I heard that someone received that info directly from Personna.

As for myself...I can't remember ever trying either of them.

The rumor goes back a few years ago when I contacted what was then the parent company of Personna. You can read about it here. Some folks find a difference between the two blades - but for me they are very similar.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Top Bottom