What's new

Personna Med Prep Question

I got a few of these in a sample pack and was really impressed with the performance. They seem very sharp yet give a comfortable shave. At least 8 shaves on the same blade so far and it's still going strong. Then I checked the price for a 100 pack. I think I read somewhere that there's a much cheaper Personna blade that's identical other than it's not sterilized. Anyone know what these blades are and if they actually do perform as well as the Med Preps?

The Med Preps can be had on sale at times. Mine were $25/100, which I did not mind too much, since they last so long.

The "Lab Blues" are supposed to be nearly the same. Not everyone agrees, though. Make sure you are getting the right blades. These are made by Accutec in the USA at the Verona, VA plant. Usually available only in packs of 100 blades.

Some vendors use the name "Lab Blue" without understanding which blade that actually is supposed to refer to.

1634226100359.png

The Med Preps can be had on sale at times. Mine were $25/100, which I did not mind too much, since they last so long.

The "Lab Blues" are supposed to be nearly the same. Not everyone agrees, though. Make sure you are getting the right blades. These are made by Accutec in the USA at the Verona, VA plant. Usually available only in packs of 100 blades.

Some vendors use the name "Lab Blue" without understanding which blade that actually is supposed to refer to.

View attachment 1345455
Agreed. These are what are referred to as the Lab Blues. They are also sometimes sold as Comfort Coated because on the right edge of the box it is marked "Comfort Coated".

To me ’lab blues’ and ’med preps’ are very similar.

My understanding is that the med preps undergo an additional cleaning step to make them suitable for hospital use. Both blades share the characteristic of needing a few shaves to ‘settle in.’ Then they provide comfortable shaves and have great longevity. :thumbup::thumbup:

To me ’lab blues’ and ’med preps’ are very similar.

My understanding is that the med preps undergo an additional cleaning step to make them suitable for hospital use. Both blades share the characteristic of needing a few shaves to ‘settle in.’ Then they provide comfortable shaves and have great longevity. :thumbup::thumbup:
How many shaves do you go for before you find them provide a comfortable shave.

Lab Blues are extraordinarily good blades. There is no significant difference in their performance v the Med Preps. Save yourself some $ and get the Blues.

Top Bottom