What's new

Personna Lab Blues - Once again, are these real?

I bought these from Amazon, good price. But the ink is different than the ones I got from Tryablade. Those had bad printing on the blades, they looked smudged. Others on this site confirmed they were real. But these have a different etching on the blades. Tried one out tonight, seemed smooth, I didn't compare to the Tryablade tuck. Any thoughts?
12FB1A01-82A7-4290-AED7-EA66E5F32CEB_1_105_c.jpeg
1103ED18-388C-49A8-97A9-1D537955C394_1_105_c.jpeg
06660737-6C1A-43B4-9EE0-DF02A1DFC8F9_1_105_c.jpeg

Yes they are the new packaging for lab blues.
I ordered 100 from the same link as my lab blues orders back in 2015 and got something totally different.
IMG_20200925_151756.jpg

In their defense this is the box they showed.
Apparently german reds. But wrapper says comfort coated.

But what you got are the USA made lab blues in the new box.

That is cool they're putting dates on the blades now for labs :)

To me, the blue box with writing "Blades made in Germany" with ink on blade "Personna Platinum CHROME"
Might be a different package from Personna Israeli Red as mfg moved from Israeli to Germany?

Attachments

• IMG_2800.png
    IMG_2800.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 36
To me, the blue box with writing "Blades made in Germany" with ink on blade "Personna Platinum CHROME"
Might be a different package from Personna Israeli Red as mfg moved from Israeli to Germany?
To my understanding, they never moved production.
They are making both.
Still have reds made in Israel. Plus now have what I call German reds made in Germany. What I don't know is why the wrapper from the german 100 packs say "comfort coated" like the blues.

I just purchased some israeli reds and they are new stock.

Yes they are the new packaging for lab blues.
I ordered 100 from the same link as my lab blues orders back in 2015 and got something totally different.
View attachment 1163375
In their defense this is the box they showed.
Apparently german reds. But wrapper says comfort coated.

But what you got are the USA made lab blues in the new box.

That is cool they're putting dates on the blades now for labs :)
I think these are different than the ones I purchased. These blades are Platinum Chrome, mine state "Super stainless." I also have Platinum Chromes, they came in a red box and are Israeli. Like I said, Personna makes it all very confusing.

I think these are different than the ones I purchased. These blades are Platinum Chrome, mine state "Super stainless." I also have Platinum Chromes, they came in a red box and are Israeli. Like I said, Personna makes it all very confusing.
Yes yours are lab blues. Personna super. Made in USA. And cool they are printing date of production now.

I'll be honest. The weirdo blade nut in me wants to buy at least 100 pack of these since they went to laser on them just to test.
It's not about the test really, I just tell myself that to feel better about the purchase.
But they're different so I want them.
I literally have 800 of the older ink printed ones. And still a voice is telling me to get these.
Man I thought that voice went away in 2015. But it's back again with the resurgence of my interest in the hobby side of shaving

I'll be honest. The weirdo blade nut in me wants to buy at least 100 pack of these since they went to laser on them just to test.
It's not about the test really, I just tell myself that to feel better about the purchase.
I literally have 800 of the older ink printed ones. And still a voice is telling me to get these.
Man I thought that voice went away in 2015. But it's back again with the resurgence of my interest in the hobby side of shaving
RAD is tough to overcome. lol They are probably the same blades with just different printed ink. I do prefer the ink on these blades compared to the other smudged ones, but no difference in blade quality.

@stoof2010: I have both Personna Lab Blues, those with smudged ink and now these. I don't really feel a difference when shaving. Maybe Personna does this to mess us up and hope we buy more, I don't know. But the quality seems the same. However, I definitely understand RAD, so maybe you can sell some of your existing supply on BST and then buy these. If nothing else, might make you feel better about buying them.

Personna changes packaging constantly. Boxes change colors, wrappers change from printed to plain, and blades can be smudgy ink or laser etched. All the same blade and they have not changed. The only defining characteristic of Lab Blues that makes them identifiable is the Made in USA markings. They are the only blade made in the USA so use that as your indicator.

Personna changes packaging constantly. Boxes change colors, wrappers change from printed to plain, and blades can be smudgy ink or laser etched. All the same blade and they have not changed. The only defining characteristic of Lab Blues that makes them identifiable is the Made in USA markings. They are the only blade made in the USA so use that as your indicator.
Thank you, that's very helpful!

/Lab Blue Fan

This sums it up.

I don't need anymore blades. I don't need anymore blades. I don't need anymore blades.I don't need anymore blades.I don't need anymore blades.I don't need anymore blades.I don't need anymore blades.I don't need anymore blades.I don't need anymore blades.I don't need anymore blades.I don't need anymore blades.I don't need anymore blades.I don't need anymore blades.I don't need anymore blades.I don't need anymore blades.I don't need anymore blades.I don't need anymore blades.

@stoof2010: I have both Personna Lab Blues, those with smudged ink and now these. I don't really feel a difference when shaving. Maybe Personna does this to mess us up and hope we buy more, I don't know. But the quality seems the same. However, I definitely understand RAD, so maybe you can sell some of your existing supply on BST and then buy these. If nothing else, might make you feel better about buying them.
They moved to a different printing process on blades.
But I bought a box of these just to have. They seem to be same blades :cool:

Yes indeed! Too bad that I love Personna‘s labs and med preps!! They are a very frustrating company!! :mad2:

What about the Med Preps? I thought those were made in the USA as well, or are they the same as the Lab Blues? Dang wish there was a "Know your Personnas cheat sheet." Like the AAFES blades are Personnas. They used to be made in Israel, but now made in Germany.

What about the Med Preps? I thought those were made in the USA as well, or are they the same as the Lab Blues? Dang wish there was a "Know your Personnas cheat sheet." Like the AAFES blades are Personnas. They used to be made in Israel, but now made in Germany.

They are still being produced in Israel, and in Germany, and in Czech Republic by Edgewell and in USA (Verona) and Mexico (Obregon) by AccuTec (the company purchased the assets of Edgewell Personal Care Company’s Medical and Industrial Products Division in September of 2015).

Med preps and lab blues are still made in the USA.
They are the same blade as lab blue however after the final sharpening process and maybe after a coating process, they are sanitized for use in the hospital field. (Not sure about any coatings but I know they are treated differently after sharpening.)
Same blade as far as grind and sharpening but diverge at some point for post processing whether it be coating like the comfort coating but definitely for the cleaning process to make sure they are ready and "sterile" for use out of package so they don't need to sterilize them before using.
What are AAFES? Not familiar with that acronym.

Top Bottom