What's new

Personna Lab Blue Overrated???

Congratulations on discovering Lab Blues. They are one of the best blades in my den. I can get 20 shaves out of a blade & they still feel sharp. So don't be too quick to discard after only 7 shaves. But as is the case, especially with blades, YMMV.

Congratulations on discovering Lab Blues. They are one of the best blades in my den. I can get 20 shaves out of a blade & they still feel sharp. So don't be too quick to discard after only 7 shaves. But as is the case, especially with blades, YMMV.
Hi mate. I wish I can get 20 shaves out of one blade. I can only manage a maximum of 6. My beard is very course and my skin is sensitive. By the time I'm on my 6th shave, the blade starts tugging as it loses a little of it's sharpness. For me, 6 shaves with one blade is pretty good.

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

Hi mate. I wish I can get 20 shaves out of one blade. I can only manage a maximum of 6. My beard is very course and my skin is sensitive. By the time I'm on my 6th shave, the blade starts tugging as it loses a little of it's sharpness. For me, 6 shaves with one blade is pretty good.

You have completely different hair & skin. I understand, you are lucky to be getting 6 quality shaves from one blade.

Labs and Med Preps are certainly on my bucket list. What if they are the best blades produced anywhere in the world?

They might be. And I do not consider it a coincidence they are manufactured close to the Oak Ridge nuclear laboratories. Nope. Definitely something going on there!

Labs and Med Preps are certainly on my bucket list. What if they are the best blades produced anywhere in the world?

They might be. And I do not consider it a coincidence they are manufactured close to the Oak Ridge nuclear laboratories. Nope. Definitely something going on there!
Labs are definitely great blades. People with all types of skin and beard type love it. I love these blades. Definitely the smoothest blade I've ever used. I've tried well over 20 types of blades over the years. Do give it a try.

Labs are definitely great blades. People with all types of skin and beard type love it. I love these blades. Definitely the smoothest blade I've ever used. I've tried well over 20 types of blades over the years. Do give it a try.

Why not? I am far past the point of pretending that DE shaving is some kind of economical measure. What nonsense! We passed that signpost long ago, leaving Rod Serling coughing from the dust kicked up by my Bugatti Veyron.

Why not? I am far past the point of pretending that DE shaving is some kind of economical measure. What nonsense! We passed that signpost long ago, leaving Rod Serling coughing from the dust kicked up by my Bugatti Veyron.
Haha I agree. With so many products out there and all these recommendations, I've spent more than I wanted to all these years. All due to temptation.

I really don't want to bother trying other blades beyond the Personnas (Lab or Med, both work for me) at this point. I've been through vintage Wilks and Swedes, GSBs, Polsilvers, et al. Some are maybe a bit sharper but not as smooth (7 O'Clock Blues) or not as durable (GSBs), and nothing suits me as well as a US Personna in my Rockwell 6S on plate 5. I'm set. I buy a hundred or so now and then just to ensure that my grandchildren have some to hand down to their grandchildren. Overrated, underrated? Don't know. But I'm over sampling blades. They work for me.

+1! Great point!! :a29:

Now the real question, ‘How can I convince LOTH that I need a Bugatti?’ Can I save money on gas?

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I like MedPrep better, but they are a solid blade for me. Right now theSuperiorShave has them 9.99 for 100

Are the personna Lab Blue and the personna Blue Comfort Coated the same blade?
Yes it is. Just different packing. The one in my uploaded photo seems to be the new/current box.
proxy.php

I like MedPrep better, but they are a solid blade for me. Right now theSuperiorShave has them 9.99 for 100
Price went up over at the SuperiorShave, but $10.59 was still mighty attractive. When I went to make the buy, I got notice that there was a $19 minimum purchase. Bunch'a pirates - obviously don't need my paltry order, so I threw my money at a seller on E-Bay, instead, with guaranteed 4 day free delivery.

Top Bottom