What's new

Personna Israeli Platinum Red

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
The Personna Israeli Platinum Red blades have been doing a great job for me in a wide variety of dissimilar razors.

I've gotten great saves using them in the RR SLOC, RR GC .84 OC and the Merkur Progress.

Smooth, close shaves. Minimal, if any, irritation. The only nicks were my fault.

So far, highly recommended.

YMMV

Red IPs have a fairly well deserved good reputation in most shaving forums. I've always found them to be very efficient and forgiving blades for me.

One of the sharpest and smoothest blades for me.
They are also quite cheap. I like these blades a lot.
For those who like these blades check also the Vikings sword made by personna in Israel. They are almost identical in terms of smoothness but a tard sharper. Liorfe. Com is the place to check.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Red fan here too
I read recently on another thread that mfg operations would be moved so i bought another supply of them. Hopefully this was misinformation and im not spreading or contributing to panic

I find Israeli Reds are both sharp and smooth. I like them better than the USA Comfort Coated Lab blues as the coating on the blades is so thick that the first shave is somewhat dull. After the coating wears off the blades are sharp like the Israeli Reds, so I would rather start with the Reds in the first place.

I have a coarse beard and find the Israeli Reds to be plenty sharp. Some say that Astra SP blades are sharper than the Israeli Reds, but if I put the two blades in identical razors and shave opposite sides of my face, the Personnas will give a far better shave with less tugging. However, I do find the Astra Superior Stainless blades to be similar in sharpness to the Israeli Red.

They're a top tier blade for me along with Nacets and Feathers. I find the latter two tad sharper, the IPs a tad smoother. I don't push blades in terms longevity, but I can definitely squeeze an extra shave or two out of the IPs. Can't beat 'em for the price.

One of the sharpest and smoothest blades for me.
They are also quite cheap. I like these blades a lot.
For those who like these blades check also the Vikings sword made by personna in Israel. They are almost identical in terms of smoothness but a tard sharper. Liorfe. Com is the place to check.

Hmmm... I had heard just that about the Viking Sword blade -- that they are almost identical to Israeli Reds.
I like the Reds; they're a solid second-tier blade for me.
So I tried the Viking Sword and was not impressed at all -- I got a fair bit of blade chatter from it. It's possible that I tried it in a razor I hadn't paired with a Red, so I'll retry.

Red fan here too
I read recently on another thread that mfg operations would be moved so i bought another supply of them. Hopefully this was misinformation and im not spreading or contributing to panic

From Edgewell's 2018 10-K annual report, page 98:

Nazareth Production Facility In October 2018, the Company announced its intention to close its production facility in Nazareth, Israel as part of Project Fuel. The production from this site will be redistributed across multiple locations best positioned to serve regional needs. The transfer of production will take approximately 12 to 18 months to complete during which the facility will continue to operate.

I don't think it gets much more definitive than that

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

Nazareth Production Facility In October 2018, the Company announced its intention to close its production facility in Nazareth, Israel as part of Project Fuel. The production from this site will be redistributed across multiple locations best positioned to serve regional needs. The transfer of production will take approximately 12 to 18 months to complete during which the facility will continue to operate.

Bummer. Time to lay in a supply.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.

Stockpile

+1! Yes indeed!! I just purchased another 100. Do I need more??

After Edgewell purchased Harry's Razors they needed a way to recoup their investment. Consolidating facilities is one way to reduce costs.

Although we may no longer be able to call the blades Israeli Reds, it is quite likely that the Personna Platinum will be made in one of the other Personna plants around the world, perhaps even on some of the same equipment used in the Nazareth facility. Only time will tell if the new blades are better, worse, or the same as the current blades.

After Edgewell purchased Harry's Razors they needed a way to recoup their investment. Consolidating facilities is one way to reduce costs.

Although we may no longer be able to call the blades Israeli Reds, it is quite likely that the Personna Platinum will be made in one of the other Personna plants around the world, perhaps even on some of the same equipment used in the Nazareth facility. Only time will tell if the new blades are better, worse, or the same as the current blades.

Great points! However, ‘time will tell’ is a bit different than ‘another 100 just in case!’ :a21::a21:

Great points! However, ‘time will tell’ is a bit different than ‘another 100 just in case!’ :a21::a21:

I recently purchase a 100 pack, so I am set for a while. Even if the Israeli Reds were no longer available long term, there are still plenty of other great blades available: BIC Chrome Platinum, Gillette Nacets, PermaSharp Super, 7 O'Clock Black, German Wilkinson Sword, Astra Super Stainless, Dorco Prime Platinum, new Shark Platinum. There is no shortage of excellent DE blades that are similar in sharpness and smoothness to Israeli Reds. I have several hundred blades in inventory that are quite usable.

Top Bottom