What's new

Personna Identification

proxy.php

Does anyone know what Personna this is?

Personna blades are so convoluted there is no telling. They were sold as so many store brands in that packaging. Some said "comforted coated" some did not.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Definitely not reds? Or maybe......
seriously as @TheBigL said it is so confusing there was a few good threads if you search that explain it but this packaging new to me and offers no clue. How old are these? Made in usa so ill guess blues

These blades are stamped Made in USA. The Personna blades marked made in the USA are the comfort coated Lab Blues. The same plant in Verona, VA also makes the Med Prep blades, but they will be marked differently.

Many of the generic branded blades sold in places like Walgreens, CVS, Target, etc. say made in Israel, so they are Israeli Personnas.

Personally, I prefer the Israeli blades to the ones made in the USA. Although the comfort coating on the USA blades makes them quite smooth on the first shave, I find that the coating tends to make the blades somewhat dull for my beard. As the coating wears off, the blades become much sharper, closer in performance to the Israeli blades. Thus, I prefer the second shave on the Lab Blues much more than the first.

These blades are stamped Made in USA. The Personna blades marked made in the USA are the comfort coated Lab Blues. The same plant in Verona, VA also makes the Med Prep blades, but they will be marked differently.

Many of the generic branded blades sold in places like Walgreens, CVS, Target, etc. say made in Israel, so they are Israeli Personnas.

Personally, I prefer the Israeli blades to the ones made in the USA. Although the comfort coating on the USA blades makes them quite smooth on the first shave, I find that the coating tends to make the blades somewhat dull for my beard. As the coating wears off, the blades become much sharper, closer in performance to the Israeli blades. Thus, I prefer the second shave on the Lab Blues much more than the first.

Thanks for the replies.

So it seems these ones are most likely to be Lab Blues?

I like Reds as well, I think they are deceptively sharp!

If the blades are several years old they would be US made "barber blades" - not labs. I've only seen those in the blue paper wrap. The old store brand DEs were US made.

Since the holders are marked "Platinum Chrome Blades" and they're made in the US, those look like the blades Personna made to be sold under various store brands up to about 6 or 7 years ago. After that, for a while they made blades in the US with the same dispenser but it was marked "Stainless Steel Blades". Now the blades use that same dispenser, still marked "Stainless Steel Blades" but they're made in Israel. Those Platinum Chrome blades were decent. Not the same as Labs but they shaved pretty well for me.

Since the holders are marked "Platinum Chrome Blades" and they're made in the US, those look like the blades Personna made to be sold under various store brands up to about 6 or 7 years ago. After that, for a while they made blades in the US with the same dispenser but it was marked "Stainless Steel Blades". Now the blades use that same dispenser, still marked "Stainless Steel Blades" but they're made in Israel. Those Platinum Chrome blades were decent. Not the same as Labs but they shaved pretty well for me.

Thanks for the info. I think you might be right.

I had a look on ebay and there were some listings for NOS stocks of 'Platinum Chrome' blades that look similar to my listings and a few threads here of the same blades, it seems they are USA made Personna Platinum Chrome's before they were shifted to Israel.

It seems this particular Personna mystery has been resolved!

buying in the bulk box is the best way to get the same thing the whole carton through.

However I opened my second 100 pack of American made personanna blades and find the newer ones thicker

Top Bottom