What's new

Personna Gold

Yep, that’s what I’m going to call them. I was able to procure some of the Israeli Reds before the production was moved to Germay. I received these in the mail moments ago, and I will give them a try either tonight or in the morning. Anyone else had good results with them? Any difference from the reds?

D79A7D9B-04CD-4AD5-B686-9D5CD7617319.jpeg

I'm confused now. How is this different from the blue personna platinum chrome which connaught claims to be israelie red?

I'm confused now. How is this different from the blue personna platinum chrome which connaught claims to be israelie red?

They are the same blade in performance terms, but different country of origin. The Israeli version may be superseded by the German version in time.

Same for me - no noticiable difference felt. I‘m bit envious about that neat 200 cardboard box though as mine came in simple ziplocks...

I have a pack to try out but haven't got around to it yet. Although I think I'm going to call them German Golds 😂

At one point Personna ( or actually Edgewell the company who bought them ) was going to shut down production in Israel. Details are fuzzy, but it appears that is indeed the case. Edgewell has production already in Germany for their other brands and it appears they are now making what most of us called Red IPs in Germany.

Some people in this forum who I trust say they can not tell a difference between the blades so Edgewell appears to have done a good job in transition. That said it appears there are still Israeli IPs available for the short term at least. I grabbed 100 of those back when this first started being reported.

The 'American' Personna's were purchased by a different company so there is a different line of Personna's also available. I won't even get into the can of worms.

Just curious but these, no matter where they are made, aren't as sharp as Astra SP and the Russian Gillette like GSB, platinum and nacet, right?

Just curious but these, no matter where they are made, aren't as sharp as Astra SP and the Russian Gillette like GSB, platinum and nacet, right?
That’s a little YMMV since sharp can be perceived differently by different people. That said I’d place most Personnas at least the equal of Astra SPs if not a touch ahead. Nacets standout alone in your list of ‘sharp’ blades by my estimation.

That’s a little YMMV since sharp can be perceived differently by different people. That said I’d place most Personnas at least the equal of Astra SPs if not a touch ahead. Nacets standout alone in your list of ‘sharp’ blades by my estimation.

+1! Nacets are very sharp, just a touch below Feathers and Kai, but they stay sharp longer for me! :a29:

If these shave like the Reds, then I’ll be a happy camper. As far as a comparison, for my face, I’ve found personna to be sharper than Astra SP’s, but about the same in smoothness. Maybe a slight nod to Astra for smoothness.

Nacet’s are in a league if their own. I find the first shave to be quite sharp and mellows to the perfect combination by the second and third shave. Nacets are my favourite by a mile.

Still looking forward to trying these golds. I want to compare them to the Reds I have, and perhaps the lab blues, which are also very nice IMHO.

One shave in a I can honetly say that these are very much like the Reds. I truly can’t distinguish a difference, which is great. I enjoyed the blade in the sense that they’re sharp, but not thr sharpest, and off shaves on par (maybe closer) than an Astras SP. Great blades... still won’t dethrone the Nacets for me. But that’s not a knock on the Golds.

They also have another 200 pack without writing on where it's made but does say american razor company USA
Screenshot_20200920-081022__01.jpg
on the side

Top Bottom