What's new

Personna german (gold?) Question.

So I ordered these a couple days ago because I didn't recognize them.
Box says made in Germany, so I was thinking the remake israeli reds they're making in Germany.
Platinum chrome on blade just like the Israeli reds.
But the wrapper says comfort coated.
And wrapper says made by edge well. In CT.
Thoughts?
IMG_20200925_151756.jpg

Personna = confusion.

Just avoid the "barber" blades, they are not very good at all; intended for one-time use in barber shops and hair salons.

So I ordered these a couple days ago because I didn't recognize them.
Box says made in Germany, so I was thinking the remake israeli reds they're making in Germany.
Platinum chrome on blade just like the Israeli reds.
But the wrapper says comfort coated.
And wrapper says made by edge well. In CT.
Thoughts?View attachment 1159978

Stoof, I have Personna Platinums from the German Soligen plant

Stoof, I have Personna Platinums from the German Soligen plant
I think that's what these are. Blades look identical. Weird that the wrapper says comfort coated. Made in Germany box says. Never seen them in this type of packaging yet. Just the tall stacks of dispensers

Back in the day, Personnas were sold as "stainless steel" or "platinum chrome" and some were advertised as being comfort coated and some not. Other times they advertised vydax coating.

I haven't used much in the Personna brand in quite a while. I had some reds with printing like in the picture but I never stocked up. But that was a long time ago. I have not tried any of the new German blades.

I also have some Super+ Platinums and some that lacked the +.

I guess they just didn't work for me.

I do like the Personna Supers that I have, some people call them labs, but I disagree with the ones I have being labs.

Very strange indeed. The one I bought were in a longer box of 200 with the German flag embossed on the top of the box. The tucks in the gold look like this:

4680BEAE-D136-4D55-B1B0-069434A44BAA.jpeg

Ah PERSONNA!! The most confusing marketing/packaging on the planet!! :mad2:

My ’problem’ is that I really enjoy some of their blades, if only they were consistent with the packaging.

Top Bottom