What's new

Personna company response to the "coating" question.

Many messages have wondered if the Gem "Super Stainless Steel" SE blades, as sold by Walgreen's, are really coated or not. They do not mention either "coated" or "uncoated," but other sites sell a choice of Gem PTFE coated or uncoated.

I could not find the answer on the internet, so I called the Personna corporate number. The website is:
Contact Us and the phone number is:
1-888-254-2126.

At first, the person on the phone did not know the answer. He asked me to dictate the UPC code, which I did. Then, after a wait of 4-5 minutes, he came back to the phone and said he checked with the knowledgeable techs at Personna, and they said that the blades "ARE COATED." I.e., the Gem stainless drug store blades do not come in an uncoated variety, which may be why it is unnecessary to mention the coating. The question of coating only comes up when the blades are sourced from medical supply companies, which offer both types.

They can say what they want, on my face, the Personna coated blades I get in bulk are better than the Walgreen's blades! I noticed the difference immediately.

They only said that the Walgreen product is coated. Maybe there are other differences. They didn't get into that (and probably didn't know).

Top Bottom