What's new

Personna Cartridges for Fusion Handles

Has anyone else seen the Amazon advertisements for Personna Cartridges that fit Fusion Handles? Six 5 blade cartridges for $19.95. I ordered some just to see how good they are. That works out to $3.33 a cartridge. Much better than Gillette but still higher than my current favorite, Dorco Pace 7.

I have a feeling that Personna will provide better blades than Gillette.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
No I have not as I don’t use Amazon. We have to use Amazon Australia and they don’t carry the range that normal Amazon do. Let us know how you get on when they arrive. I am interested to know.

Let us know how they shave. I like Gillette carts but only buy if on sale/clearance. Persona makes a 2 blade cart, a bit rough. Dorco 2 blade carts are good, for some reason their 4 was rough for my scalp. I am a 1-2 blade dude.

They arrived today. Nothing on the package mentions Personna. Instead it is identified as an Edgewell product (does Edgewell own Personna?). The brand name is EasyFit.

So it looks like an orange and black Schick Hydro 5 cartridge with Gillette docking. It even allows folding back the top lubricating strip like the Hydro 5. Also it has pockets of lubricating gel on the top strip just like the hydro 5. I'll shave with it in the morning and report back. Since I like the Hydro 5 I'm sure I will like it but we'll see.

The shave was very comfortable and close, all three passes. The Gillette handle I prefer is a Dyson Ball type with power. The Schick Hydro I use is also a power one. A plus for the Gillette handle is the way the Dyson Ball follows your face. A plus for the Schick handle is that the power has three settings. I always use the Schick with the highest (fastest) setting so the adjustability doesn't do anything for me.

I will use the Gillette handle with the Personna cartridge for the most of this next week so I can get a feel for it's durability, but if it is like the Schick Hydro 5 it will easliy outlast the Gillette Fusion cartridges.

They arrived today. Nothing on the package mentions Personna. Instead it is identified as an Edgewell product (does Edgewell own Personna?). The brand name is EasyFit.

So it looks like an orange and black Schick Hydro 5 cartridge with Gillette docking. It even allows folding back the top lubricating strip like the Hydro 5. Also it has pockets of lubricating gel on the top strip just like the hydro 5. I'll shave with it in the morning and report back. Since I like the Hydro 5 I'm sure I will like it but we'll see.

Edgewell has rights to the Personna name for consumer-facing products (that's the name on the red-packaged and "Personna X" double edge blades that they make.) Did they say where the blades were made?

Edgewell has rights to the Personna name for consumer-facing products (that's the name on the red-packaged and "Personna X" double edge blades that they make.) Did they say where the blades were made?

The package reads "Blades made in USA from imported steel".

Under that "Razor Blade Craftsman Since 1875, 2018Edgewell Personal Care LLC, Shelton CT 06484 1-888-254-2126"

I forgot to mention the brand name on the package is "EasyFit".

I should also mention a blurb on the package says "Titanium coated blade edges provide a close, comfortable shave"

The package reads "Blades made in USA from imported steel".

Under that "Razor Blade Craftsman Since 1875, 2018Edgewell Personal Care LLC, Shelton CT 06484 1-888-254-2126"

I forgot to mention the brand name on the package is "EasyFit".

I should also mention a blurb on the package says "Titanium coated blade edges provide a close, comfortable shave"

Hmh. If someone told me that Edgewell was handling the distribution of this production and contracted with Accutec for production, I would be the least surprised person on earth. Not unlike how Gem single edge blades are offered, I imagine.

Hmh. If someone told me that Edgewell was handling the distribution of this production and contracted with Accutec for production, I would be the least surprised person on earth. Not unlike how Gem single edge blades are offered, I imagine.
AccuTec do not produce carts. Edgewell disposed of their industrial blade business only.

I know Walmart sells store brand carts that fit the fusion handles, probably the same thing. If so, you could get them locally and maybe cheaper (though Amazon and Walmart use each other as benchmarks for pricing so they are usually the same).

I have enjoyed the "Personna" cartridge on my Gillette handle. As expected, it last about as long as a Schick Hydro. That's longer than the Gillette cartridges and at $3.50 a cartridge considerably cheaper than the Gillette Fusion.

Just for comparison I finished off the third pass this morning with a Schick Hydro and discovered I like the faster vibration of it compared to the Fusion although I also have a slight preference to the tyson ball effect of the Fusion handle.

I will enjoy the occasional shave with with this but it is back to the Dorco 7 for most everyday shaving. It shaves about the same if not better and the cartridges are considerably less expensive.

Top Bottom