What's new

Personna brand Trac blades

Oddly enough, my local Wal-Mart has the Personna Twin II blades (sans lube strip), and none of the Twin II plus blades. I was very surprised by this, I was expecting to find only the Twin II plus blades.

Online retailer razorsdirect (http://www.razorsdirect.com/catalog/item/3262654/6881223.htm) also has the Twin II carts for a fair price.

I've never seen Personna "Twin II" with a strip at the Wal-marts around here. And the Personna Auto (Atra) carts always have the strips.

Weird.

I will say that, with the Personna Auto Plus/Atra cartridges, I barely notice the strip is there - while with the real Gillette Atra Plus cartridges, they get all gooey and annoying. And to top it off, the Personnas give a MUCH smoother shave. Once every few years I try the Gillettes and .. OW.. very harsh (never again after the last time, however)

I can't wait to try out the Personna Trac cartridge with Bump Fighter handle. My Wally World may have the Personnas, but they don't have the BF razor. And no retailer in my area carries a Trac style handle.

I can't wait to try out the Personna Trac cartridge with Bump Fighter handle. My Wally World may have the Personnas, but they don't have the BF razor. And no retailer in my area carries a Trac style handle.

I highly suspect the BF handle is only stocked by Wal-Marts in areas that have a significant African American population, as the BF is marketed primarily to African American males.

You can go to walmart.com, search for Bump Fighter, and then enter your zip code, it will tell you which stores in your area stock the handle. :thumbup:

I remember reading on TSD some guy who got his Trac II carts at Wallyworld and they ended up being the same price as DE blades. I even looked into it, just because I was so suprised

I saw a Bump Fighter razor at a Dollar General. Might want to check there.

Other than that.. I guess it's ebay. Though I would have to imagine that the great majority of Trac II razors produced by Gillette have been thrown away :frown:

I'm making a trip back home at the end of the month and pick up a BF razor then. Em's Place oddly enough sells this razor as well. Thanks for all the help guys!!!

The Personna Trac II (no lube strips) are indeed cheaper than DE blades at my local Wal-Mart. They're also about the best Trac II carts I've ever used.

The Bump Fighter razor is sold at almost all national chains, though it's almost three times the price of what Wal-Mart sells it for. Family Dollar and Dollar General also sell it, and usually a little cheaper than the pharmacies.

I tried these blades for the first time today. They shave well, and the price is unbeatable. I switched between the Personnas (w/o lube strip) and Gillette Trac II Plus (w/lube strip) and didn't see that the strip made much difference either way; in other words, the strip didn't seem to help all that much, but it didn't hurt, either. One area where I think the Personnas have a significant disadvantage compared to the Gillettes is that the Personnas lack a vent between the two blades. I don't know if Gillettes used to be vented or not, back when they were the company's flagship cartridge; I seem to recall my dad's Trac II cartridges were always clogged between the blades. But the current Gillettes are vented between the blades, which really helps cream buildup and clogging. If the Personnas were vented, I would say they are an ideal Trac II-type cartridge - good blade, no lube strip, good flow through, and dirt cheap. Unfortunately, without the vent, I find they don't shave as well for me as the Gillettes, since the clogging adversely affects performance. Whether this diminished performance is worth the monetary savings is something I haven't decided yet.

That's the combo I use and it is great. The shave is really smooth. You can't go wrong at 35 cents a cartridge.

Top Bottom