What's new

Personna Blue: new packaging = same blade?

If you are referring to the boxes pictured below I have both. I ordered two boxes of Personna Lab blades and I received two different designed boxes. Both boxes have the same Personna Lab blades.

$Personna Labs.jpg

Interesting, isn't it, that the new packaging emphasizes comfort over sharpness. Has Personna finally realized that these blades appeal to shavers as well as lab technicians?

I bought a 5 pack in a dispenser from a beauty supply store. They had arrows on them. I haven't liked them so far, but it was my first couple of de shaves, so my technique was non-existent. I didn't know they were the lab blades as the packaging doesn't say so.

So who actually gets the blades with the arrows ??

I bought a 5 pack in a dispenser from a beauty supply store. They had arrows on them. I haven't liked them so far, but it was my first couple of de shaves, so my technique was non-existent. I didn't know they were the lab blades as the packaging doesn't say so.

My box of 100 Labs includes a dozen or so blades with just arrows, no text, wrapped in white paper. I think these are Barbers, not Labs, and while they're not bad, they're not Lab quality.

This is a timely thread. I have a newer box of Labs myself. Somehow, a Med Prep snuck in to my box. Yesterday evening, I was setting up for this mornings shave, unwrapped what I thought was going to be a Lab Blue, and it had the "For Hospital Use" printing on it. I'm about four blades in to this box, so I wonder how many more are in there. I'm not surprised that happened, seeing as how both blades have the same wrapper. It was a great shave, by the way. I'll need to try a Lab Blue in the same razor to do a comparison.

This is a timely thread. I have a newer box of Labs myself. Somehow, a Med Prep snuck in to my box. Yesterday evening, I was setting up for this mornings shave, unwrapped what I thought was going to be a Lab Blue, and it had the "For Hospital Use" printing on it. I'm about four blades in to this box, so I wonder how many more are in there. I'm not surprised that happened, seeing as how both blades have the same wrapper. It was a great shave, by the way. I'll need to try a Lab Blue in the same razor to do a comparison.

SO.....You had a box with mixed blades in it,and Viseguy got a few mixed into his box.....this makes me wonder about quality control...Maybe someone will pay for the blue box and get all med preps one day !

Last week i went to a local supply shop and they told me that they ran out and placed an order in Jan. Personna is telling them that they wont get their shipment till june. The owner thinks Personna is stopping production in the U.S. Hope not.

Last edited:
I hope not as well. I just recently discovered them, and they are fantastic blades. The Personna Lab blades work perfectly in all of the razors I've tried them in thus far.

Anyone here happen to know more about this? Is Personna stopping blade production here in the states?

Top Bottom