What's new

Personna blades

US made Personnas are solid dependable blades. I purchased 250 Med Preps a while back from Robbins Instruments because I love them so much. Good value and longevity. Glad you like them!

I purchased 250 Med Preps a while back from Robbins Instruments because I love them so much. Good value and longevity. Glad you like them!

Big fan of the Personna line. However, I'm using my first Med Prep blade (from a sampler pack) and I'm really impressed. Got ten great shaves with it in my Merkur 34c HD. Moved it to a Gillette Super Speed for number 11 and got an awesome shave. Going to keep going until it no longer delivers comfortable shaves.

I have:

Laser Ultra
Tomac Stainless Steel
Personna Lab Blues
Super Max Platinum
Wilkinson Sword Indian
Rapira Super Stainless
Shark Super Chrome
Lord Platinum
Gillette Silver Blue
Astra Superior Platinum
Super Homex Super Stainless
Dorco ST301

If you message me your address i will send you a couple of each.
Hello Nate B
You have quite a lineup there , I never used
Laser Ultra, and never even heard of Tomac Stainless or Super Homex Super
Stainless before , would you mind writing
A little about those three blades, how they
Compare to the Personna's and to other
Blades in your very interesting collection.
I'd like to say Thanks in advance.

Laser Ultra - I like these blades although they get somewhat of a bad rap here. For me they are sharp and smooth, about a step below Astra SP.

Tomac Stainless - Love these blades, extremely sharp and long lasting. These blades are NOS (new old stock) I found on Ebay a few years ago. The box reads: Made in the U.S.A. for American Hospital Supply/division of American Hospital Supply Corporation, Evanston, Illinois 60201

Super Homex - These blades are ok, use them primarily for head shaves since they are not the smoothest but at 4 cents a blade I was not expecting much. I started a blade challenge with these, here is the link - Razor blade challenge

Laser Ultra - I like these blades although they get somewhat of a bad rap here. For me they are sharp and smooth, about a step below Astra SP.

Tomac Stainless - Love these blades, extremely sharp and long lasting. These blades are NOS (new old stock) I found on Ebay a few years ago. The box reads: Made in the U.S.A. for American Hospital Supply/division of American Hospital Supply Corporation, Evanston, Illinois 60201

Super Homex - These blades are ok, use them primarily for head shaves since they are not the smoothest but at 4 cents a blade I was not expecting much. I started a blade challenge with these, here is the link - Razor blade challenge
Thanks for the reviews.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I'm using Lab Blues and the seem to be great blades - comfortable and sharp. They are inexpensive so I don't try to stretch them out. I'm not a great experimenter so I won't be ordering different brands for comparison. I shave with a Gillette New LC and Williams soap and and finish off with Nivea and Pinaud. While I'm rather boring I get really great shaves and that is what it is all about for me. I'm retired and simplicity is my game now.

@Nate B

Wasnt able to PM you, you must have the option disabled in your system settings. I tried to contact you to see if you wanted to exchange 10 blades with other brands that I currently have in my stable

Dorco Prime
Dorco ST-301
Gilette Wilkinson Sword (India)
Voskhod
Personna Lab Blue
Pol-Silver Super Iridium

I make same offer to anyone else if you want to do a 10 for 10 exchange than PM me.

Hello Nate B
You have quite a lineup there , I never used
Laser Ultra, and never even heard of Tomac Stainless or Super Homex Super
Stainless before , would you mind writing
A little about those three blades, how they
Compare to the Personna's and to other
Blades in your very interesting collection.
I'd like to say Thanks in advance.

i Just picked up 100 of the Tomac Stainless razor blades. The box says Super Stainless Steel and the same address in Illinois. The blades say Made in England and Stainless Steel. I am interested to try them out. I wonder if these are the same Personnas Super Stainless.

Like the Sunday regular change schedule especially having a few in the stable. Good idea guys.
Now that I have 7 razors and shave every other day, each blade will get only 2 uses in a month. When I had fewer razors and was shaving every 36 hours, I was changing all the blades on the first of the month, but now I have to rethink that.

"This is far too complex for my childlike mind to comprehend."

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
When I used sha
So I have been testing personna blades made in the USA. Tonight was my seventh shave with the same blade. The last six shaves were incredibly smooth. Very close shave with no irritation. The seventh shave was still smooth, however It was not as close. I found myself having to make extra passes. The shave on the seventh shave was about the same as my old disposable razors were on the first shave. With my old razors I could only get two uncomfortable shaves. the first DE blades I used wer dorco. I got four shaves with those. I'm amazed that I got seven shaves with the personna blade with out razor bumps. The box of 100 will last 700 shaves! For everyday shaving that's close to 2 years of shaves. What a value. I'm so glad I found DE shaving.
When I used to use a DE, Personna was my go to blade. Always changed whatever blade I was using every three shaves. Blades are cheap so why stretch it.

I shave every 2,3 days and throw them in garbage after about 5 shaves,can get more shaves for sure,but my skin gets irritated as i dont keep blades in alcohol,and do not wipe it every time,personna makes good blades,israeli or usa made ones,doesnt matter to me.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Trying a Personna Med Prep tomorrow morning. Have high hopes. Used a Wizamet this morning and a Feather two mornings ago. I really liked the Feather. The Wizamet was ok...but for me...not as good as the Feather blade.

i Just picked up 100 of the Tomac Stainless razor blades. The box says Super Stainless Steel and the same address in Illinois. The blades say Made in England and Stainless Steel. I am interested to try them out. I wonder if these are the same Personnas Super Stainless.
There hasn't been a DE blade made in
England in quite a few decades so the
Blades you have are just about certain
To be vintage, and the Personna SS may
Still be in production periodically and
I'm not sure they were ever made in England.

There hasn't been a DE blade made in
England in quite a few decades so the
Blades you have are just about certain
To be vintage, and the Personna SS may
Still be in production periodically and
I'm not sure they were ever made in England.

Thanks, here are the blades that I received.

IMG_1618.jpeg
IMG_1615.jpeg

Top Bottom