What's new

Personna blades

I've heard of the Red Med Prep and the Blue Labs here on the forum. Are the rebranded Personnas that you find in some stores the same as either of these?

I don't think they're quite the same although the difference may be only in the coatings. The Med and Lab are PTFE coated. The ones I see in the stores these days all come in a carrier that says "Stainless Steel" so I'm not sure if that means they're uncoated. I don't think they feel quite as smooth though. They're a usable blade but when I can get Labs cheaper, it's a no-brainer for me since I like the Labs better.

I did see Sally's Beauty Supply has 5 packs of Personnas marked "Comfort Coated" which means PTFE coated. So I think those are probably the same as Labs. I picked up a pack a while back but haven't tried them yet so I couldn't tell you if they feel the same as the Labs that I like very much.

Hmm never heard of the red med prep. Heard of the Med Prep , The Labs , The Reds and the rebrands. To be honest i like them all. I like med preps, labs and reds and then the walgreens personna rebrands perform very well too but not quite as well as the other 3. Personna may have the best across the board grade of razor blades, although gillette silver blues and just about every color 7 oclocks are pretty damn excellent as well .i personally prefer the 7 oclock blacks and greens.

I don't think they're quite the same although the difference may be only in the coatings. The Med and Lab are PTFE coated. The ones I see in the stores these days all come in a carrier that says "Stainless Steel" so I'm not sure if that means they're uncoated. I don't think they feel quite as smooth though. They're a usable blade but when I can get Labs cheaper, it's a no-brainer for me since I like the Labs better.

I did see Sally's Beauty Supply has 5 packs of Personnas marked "Comfort Coated" which means PTFE coated. So I think those are probably the same as Labs. I picked up a pack a while back but haven't tried them yet so I couldn't tell you if they feel the same as the Labs that I like very much.

I believe the 5-packs at Sally's Beauty Supply are nicknamed "Personna Barbers" and are different than the Personna Blue/Lab blades.

I believe the 5-packs at Sally's Beauty Supply are nicknamed "Personna Barbers" and are different than the Personna Blue/Lab blades.
I've always heard "Barbers" associated with the ones they used to carry, which were labeled "Platinum Chrome" and "Comfort Coated". The ones I picked up there a few months ago were labeled only "Comfort Coated" so I think there's been a little change there. The Labs are also labeled "Comfort Coated" so I think they may be the same blades.

Top Bottom