What's new

Personna Blades

I started with the ones walmart used to sell and then the Israelis and they were better. I liked the red packs better then the Israelis. Just picked up 100 blue labs on Amazon and they seem the best of personna that I've tried, close to Astra in my book. Haven't tried med preps though....

I'm still testing them out, but to me it's feeling like meds are sharper and smoother. Still testing them, though.

I call this "Personnas of the Mysteries." :wink2: So you're about to get my opinion. The tucks available...arrows on the blade...sold as Blues, are really Barber grade. I believe there is a difference between the Blue Labs and the Med Preps, with the Med Preps preferred.

Now, the Blue Labs are coming with arrows on the blade. :confused1 I use Med Preps so I don't know exactly what is going on. When the factory is called, there seems to be conflicting answers.

The mystery deepens. I like a little mystery in my life. :001_tt1:

Lots of people think they're identical. Personna themselves say that they come off the same line, but the Med Prep undergo a further sterilisation process.
Mind you, I can't tell the difference between white dispenser Barber & the Labs, so what do I know!

The Meds are now my one and only blade. I'm done.

I find Meds to be smoother than the Labs but I understand many can't tell the difference.

Last edited:
I call this "Personnas of the Mysteries." :wink2: So you're about to get my opinion. The tucks available...arrows on the blade...sold as Blues, are really Barber grade. I believe there is a difference between the Blue Labs and the Med Preps, with the Med Preps preferred.

Now, the Blue Labs are coming with arrows on the blade. :confused1 I use Med Preps so I don't know exactly what is going on. When the factory is called, there seems to be conflicting answers.

The mystery deepens. I like a little mystery in my life. :001_tt1:

I think the Personnas with the arrows are the ones known as barbers maybe. The only ones I've gotten with arrows are the blue packs from Sally's. I believe these are the same as the CVS And other store brands that are made in the USA.

Also, I believe Robinson medical supplies (I think that's what it's called) has a good price on them too.

All i know is that i bought the blue personnas from sally's, and after one shave i had enough. Worst blade i have tried. This is a perfect example of YMMV.

I continue to be curious about the difference between the Blue Labs and Med Preps. I think there's some confusion about the Med Preps being sterilized, as they are not sterile, sealed products. It is possible that the Med Preps don't have the same oil finish as the Lab Blues, and to me that would make sense. We need a confidential source inside the Personna factory!

Labs now come 25% sharper,
To claim 25% sharper is quite a claim, I'm not sure what that means
I use them and find them very sharp, very smooth and last me for 4 shaves. I may be able to get more but I just pitch them after 4.

You can buy a pack of ten of labs or med preps for $4.00 at razorbladesandmore. And if you like the med preps go to robbinsinstruments and get 100 for $25.00 or 250 for $55.00.(plus shipping of course)

Top Bottom