What's new

Personna 74 Tungsten Blade Variants

No, you have to go by the blade itself & in your photo they are the successor: SPC's. Some leftover 74's were produced in the successors packaging though. As I've stated in various posts I prefer the later SPC's myself even if they don't last as long. Even those that pop up are being snatched up on the bay now for more than I feel they're worth.

So there was still Tungsten in the successor blades, as the copy on the back of the package asserts?

So there was still Tungsten in the successor blades, as the copy on the back of the package asserts?
Yes but as a coating to the edge only, unlike its predecessor which they used tungsten steel for the blade itself. Dery Extras have Tungsten as part of their coating.

Hey Norman. Is it your belief that the variant Maxime describes above (7/26/18), ie different font, no mention of Tungsten on the blades (just PERSONNA and arrows), but in packaging which describes Tungsten on the back, is another variant of the P74? The blades I just received are pictured below, with the blade and packaging, and the mention of the tungsten alloy visible.
Greetings.
As already mentioned, the Personna Super Platinum Chrome (SPC) blades suceeded the P74 blades. However, they are still wonderful blades - I find them smoother than the P74s.

Greetings.
As already mentioned, the Personna Super Platinum Chrome (SPC) blades suceeded the P74 blades. However, they are still wonderful blades - I find them smoother than the P74s.

Do these qualify as SPC? I didn't see any photos of the blue packaging in this thread's photos but the dispenser reads the same.

Personna.jpg

I have been watching the prices of these all last year, I should have made notes. The revival of this thread sent me back to The Bay to check some prices and W T F! Who is buying SPCs for what 74s went for last year and 74s are now $9 each? I could have bought plenty of 74s last year at $5-$6 and that seemed crazy to me. I know, we aren't supposed to talk about prices, blah blah blah. Are people collecting these things and why?

I've said it a million times probably but I like the SPC way better than 74's which I always found harsh. Prices for the SPC used to be cheap, not anymore.

I'm glad I've bought mine back when the price of vintage blades was relatively low. I still have about a 140 of these SPC.

I have been watching the prices of these all last year, I should have made notes. The revival of this thread sent me back to The Bay to check some prices and W T F! Who is buying SPCs for what 74s went for last year and 74s are now $9 each? I could have bought plenty of 74s last year at $5-$6 and that seemed crazy to me. I know, we aren't supposed to talk about prices, blah blah blah. Are people collecting these things and why?

I think people just want to try them and don't care much about the expensive price. It's a one-time 20-25$, it's not like they'll shave with P74 on a daily basis.

Top Bottom