What's new

persona med prep best paired with what Razor?

I've got a lot of med prep blades but I'm not liking them so far, it gets a lot of praise on here what razor do you guys find they are best in?

I can throw things at the wall, but I don't think that will help you or anybody else. What do you have or plan to acquire? Med Preps are great for me for 7 shaves in my Blackbird Ti, but I usually switch it out of boredom rather than need. I find them a very stable blade for a modern, they behave a lot more like vintage that I use. Kai are my #1 modern blade.

They have generally worked very well for me in all types of razors.

The only exception was a recent go with my Lupo .95 that felt unusually harsh. May have been a dud blade, happens from time to time.

More to the point, though...just because some product is well regarded round here does not mean it is going to work for you. This goes double for blades IMO. Don't let yourself feel obligated to force something into your routine just because it's popular or has some kind of pedigree.

If I were in your position I'd probably just move on to a different blade or even grab a pack of samples to find something that works better for you.

As for the ones you've got, you might consider PIFing them or even keeping them around and coming back around to them down the road. I've lost track of the amount of things I didn't care for at first but then developed an appreciation for some time later.

Good luck!

I've been working through some Lab Blues (which I think are the same as med preps without an alcohol scrub?). They're just kind of a quality, middle of the road blade. Don't think they would favor any one razor over another.

Top Bottom