What's new

Persona and Vodhosk

I got my first DE safety razor for Christmas and in early January I got an 85 count variety pack of razors.

I sliced my face up pretty badly with a Feather blade. I really like the Vodhosk. I came to live the Feather once i got the hang of wet shaving. All the other blades were alright and kind of the same. (Can't remember them all but there was a Shark, Astra, Darby and Gillette.)

Arriving today from Amazon will be a 30 count pack of Vodhosk and a 30 count pack of Persona platinum, because I've heard really good things about Persona.

My options for Persona were blue, red, platinum and black. I went for the cheapest option. But what are the differences between the blades?

Also is there a really awesome blade that I need to try?Hi

Eventually I want to settle down on one razor blade access just buy then 100 at a time.

You mean Voskhod, right?
It is up to you to decide which blades are good and bad for you. It is strongly individual. Quite often one's favourite blade is another's nightmare.

Eventually I want to settle down on one razor blade access just buy then 100 at a time.

That's the goal, but you don't always get there, if you hang out around here too much, lol. If you look in your bathroom drawer one day to find that you've somehow ordered dozens of blades from multiple brands... it's ok. It happens. :biggrin1:

I got my first DE safety razor for Christmas and in early January I got an 85 count variety pack of razors.

I sliced my face up pretty badly with a Feather blade. I really like the Vodhosk. I came to live the Feather once i got the hang of wet shaving. All the other blades were alright and kind of the same. (Can't remember them all but there was a Shark, Astra, Darby and Gillette.)

Arriving today from Amazon will be a 30 count pack of Vodhosk and a 30 count pack of Persona platinum, because I've heard really good things about Persona.

My options for Persona were blue, red, platinum and black. I went for the cheapest option. But what are the differences between the blades?

1. What type of Razor are you using?
2. Don't use Feather blades in the beginning they are sharp!
3. You could be using too much pressure, causing you to cut yourself. I haven't used a cartridge razor since 2012 but I remember needing a lot more pressure, safety razors need less pressure.
4. Use the Voskhod first, try to use each blade for 3 shaves or more. Shave with the grain of your hair for 2 to 3 passes each time you shave.
5. What color Personna blades did you buy?

I never got along with Voskhod or Personna blades and I have the Blue, med prep and Lab Blue. I really like the Astra SP, Gillette Nacet and Permasharp depending on how aggressive or mild are the razors I am using.

Here is a link to some explanation of the different blades from Personna. It can be very confusing.

Here is a link to some explanation of the different blades from Personna. It can be very confusing.

Personna may be the most frustrating brand in ‘traditional’ wet shaving!! :mad2::mad2::mad2:

They go out of their way to confuse customers, especially folks like me who love some of these blades!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"

If you haven't tried Gillette Silver Blue and Astra SS my friend I can send you some.

FarmerTan

Those are both excellent blades. I cannot tell the difference between them.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Ha! Me either! And I ALWAYS get my worstest shave with their first use.

Unless someone LITERALLY has hair made of fine copper or brass I think those folks that toss a blade after one use are missing out on some great shaves.

FarmerTan

I like Nacets,Gillette Wilkinson sword and Astra SP's.
I LIKE Astra SP. I LOVE Astra SS. And I'm sorry, but in my proud opinion, anyone that prefers SP is just plain weird, Baby!

Honestly, isn't strange how some blades are just so different in how they treat our incredibly handsome faces?!?

I LIKE Astra SP. I LOVE Astra SS. And I'm sorry, but in my proud opinion, anyone that prefers SP is just plain weird, Baby!

Honestly, isn't strange how some blades are just so different in how they treat our incredibly handsome faces?!?
I've never tried Astra SS but i've heard good things about them.What would you say the difference was to the SP's?

Couldn't resist just ordered 100.:mad2:

FarmerTan

Couldn't resist just ordered 100.:mad2:
I honestly don't think you will mind.

It's my THEORY that the coating on the SP bothers my skin. AS EVIDENCED BY: after I have used an SP blade 3 shaves, maybe 4, it's pretty much the same face feel as an SS.

And it's not like I'm incredibly sensitive to the SP coating, it's just NOT a blade I'd be comfortable using EVERY day. I could do it, but I'd have some red areas.

The SS is (or at least used to be?) cheaper than the SP too. So..... maybe it's just all in my head, as I'm a cheap guy, ALMOST as bad as @BudgetShaverGuy .....but not quite!

I honestly don't think you will mind.

It's my THEORY that the coating on the SP bothers my skin. AS EVIDENCED BY: after I have used an SP blade 3 shaves, maybe 4, it's pretty much the same face feel as an SS.

And it's not like I'm incredibly sensitive to the SP coating, it's just NOT a blade I'd be comfortable using EVERY day. I could do it, but I'd have some red areas.

The SS is (or at least used to be?) cheaper than the SP too. So..... maybe it's just all in my head, as I'm a cheap guy, ALMOST as bad as @BudgetShaverGuy .....but not quite!
Here in the UK they're slightly cheaper 40p(55 cents)per 100 blades.They were £8.29(11.39 US).Anyway if i don't like them it's all your fault.;)

Top Bottom