What's new

Persian Blue plunger fill Sheaffer Tuckaway set.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I have this really nice triumph nib Sheaffer Tuckaway set that I overhauled 8 years ago, I haven't used it since the overhaul. It's a really nice set with pen and pencil. Plunger type fill mechanism works quite well and the vacuum chamber fills nearly completely. It accompanies a well working matching pencil in the oval case.
This is certainly post WWII, but before 1950 or so as it is the solid color injection body but not a touchdown fill system. My understanding is that Tuckaways went away in about 1951.
If you would like to have this set sent to you as a gift, please respond to this post with the first word being "Superb". If you don't want it and respond, then don't write "Superb"
I will wait 2 weeks before selecting a recipient at random, and will notify via this thread who the winner is. I will pay shipping to the recipient, but if it is outside CONUS, there will be no tracking so shipment comes with a risk.
I'm doing this in this fashion to avoid some folks who search for certain terms in order to jump in on the generous nature of B&B members.
I figure, if you read all this, you must be a pen lover and would truly appreciate the set.

20210618_055702.jpg

20210618_055714.jpg

20210618_055819.jpg

20210618_055915.jpg

20210618_055946.jpg

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Superb - a very generous PIF. I have a Cross Apogee and a Pelikan M600 - both modern fountain pens so would be interested in trying these. 👍

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Magnificent! Someone will be really lucky to have that beautiful set. I would gladly opt in, but already have a vintage Snorkel and defer to another Nibster who should experience these wonderful pens.

Exquisite gesture sir. I have gathered quite a few vintage Sheaffers in my time, so I am choosing not to participate. Nevertheless, the individual who receives these pens will surely be in for a treat. Vintage Sheaffer pens always seem to write wonderfully!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Here's the thread from 8 years ago when the pen was overhauled.

That's a lovely set and a most generous PIF!

I have too many pens already (!), including a number of vintage Sheaffers, so please don't include me.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I did the random number generation and the winner of the Persian Blue plunger fill Sheaffer Tuckaway set is:

dojpros @dojpros

Please PM me your address and I will get it in the mail to you. This may not happen till Monday after the Holiday.

A reminder:
If you are outside CONUS, the shipping will be without tracking.

Top Bottom