What's new

Permasharp - different versions?

I recently bought some blades to try out and among them was the Permasharp. Buying from the site I did was a pain because my bank freaked out that the business was not in the US. Because of that I am looking for another source for these blades. However when looking for them I found there are permasharp (which seem hard to find) and permasharp super. Is there a difference?

The blades I have have no markings on the blade at all. The box has the Gillette name as well, and on the back says it's a P&G product (I like it anyway).

I just want to be sure I am getting the right blade but I need a US seller that won't charge a stupid amount for shipping.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

They do.
DF75B5B8-F5AD-42AD-8477-D362A0E3AF09.jpeg

I purchased mine on Amazon for $10.99

It’s gone up $.50
Perma-Sharp Double Edge Safety Razor Blades, 100 Count, (20 packs of 5 blades on a display card) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009BS5CUA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_9mLCEb9VKR7TT
Yes that's the Amazon listing that got me wondering. They're almost half the price of the ones I have elsewhere. The price difference and the lack of markings on the blade make me wonder if there is a difference in the performance. The ones I have are also more of a matte finish on the blade except on the edge.

And I did find the ones I have elsewhere, but like I said, at almost twice the price is it worth it? I'm still hoping someone here has some insight on this.

My blades came this morning. Gotta hand it to amazon delivery around here, but anyways.

Mine look just like RigelDust's photo. However, searching through different listings, I do see the different listings for the "Super" blade. They tend to be more expensive. I haven't seen any with photos of a blank blade, but the "super" blades all seem to be ink printed, while the stainless lazered.

One other thing to note: The listing on amazon I purchased from does have the "super" card pictured. I'm not sure I've ever used them before, but I will try one this morning.

I pulled out the next blade in my sample tuck, and it is laser etched on one side. The first blade in the tuck was blank on both sides.

Tried one this morning in a black handle super speed. Felt great. Sharp and smooth. I don't usually try too hard around my adam's apple but I think I woke up a little irritation from yesterday. Can't fault the blade for that this time.

Tried one this morning in a black handle super speed. Felt great. Sharp and smooth. I don't usually try too hard around my adam's apple but I think I woke up a little irritation from yesterday. Can't fault the blade for that this time.
I get good shaves from em too.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I ordered some and they were etched on one side. First outing with this blade. I really like it so far.

Top Bottom