What's new

Perma-Sharp Super vs Perma-Sharp Stainless (Same Blades?)

Hey guys, I'm new to DE shaving and to the forum. This is actually my first post. I'm learning here and the forum has been a great help.

This may have already been covered but I couldn't find anything with my search. I'm trying out various blades and I'm planning on placing an order for a few Perma-Sharp "Super". When searching for them online, Perma-Sharp "Stainless" also popped up. I'm guessing they are the same blades with different branding?? I'm not 100% sure so I thought I'd ask.

Are these the same blades? Are they both manufactured in Russia? If not, which one should I get?

So far, I've ordered a good mix: Personna Platinum Blue, Personna Reds, Wilkinson Sword Classic, 7 O'clock Super Platinum (Black), Wizamet Super Iridium (wizashave.com). I've read the Wizamets are basically the same blades as PolSilver.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Attachments

• PSsuper.jpeg
    PSsuper.jpeg
    18.8 KB · Views: 98
  • PSstainless.jpeg
    PSstainless.jpeg
    20.1 KB · Views: 102
I didn't know there were two versions. I have used the Perma-Sharp Stainless and know they are made in Russia and are a decent blade. I can't say for sure about the Super blade.

I clicked on this thread thinking that the Perma-Sharp Stainless you mentioned in the title may have been the Gillette 7 o'clock Permasharp Stainless which are in a green box and are made in India, which is my favorite blade.

I'm guessing they are the same blades with different branding?? I'm not 100% sure so I thought I'd ask.
Your guess is correct. I own blades with both packaging styles and they are the same, as far as my face is concerned.

Are these the same blades?
Yes, both are the same. See above.

Are they both manufactured in Russia?
Yes, the packaging on both say: "Uretim Yeri: Rusiya" (= "Production Place: Russia" in Turkish).

If not, which one should I get?
Whichever one is cheaper! :biggrin1:

Thanks everyone. Placed an order for some today. Best price i found for 100 was $14 on Amazon.

I’ve used the Perma Sharp Super.
It is a fantastic blade... smooth and sharp, long lasting. I had them until a relative unwittingly tossed out my blade stash. Sigh 😢😢 I’ve not bought any since. But I highly recommend them!

They’re my « go to » for the ideal level of sharp to smooth ratio. I prefer them slightly over the PolSilver SI’s, because they’re slightly smoother.

Please stop spreading the word. We don’t want another PolSilver SI scenario on our hands.

This is - until now - also my top blade allthough the Polsilver impressed me mightly. Let's see if the rebranded Polsilvers now Wizamet can dethrone the PermaSharp.

This is - until now - also my top blade allthough the Polsilver impressed me mightly. Let's see if the rebranded Polsilvers now Wizamet can dethrone the PermaSharp.

I took a chance and ordered two packs (250 a pack) of Wizamet. Most people love the PolSilver so, hey why not. Waiting on them to show up.

I also got myself a 100 pack of the Gillette Perma-Sharp Stainless. They don't say Super, and instead of the printing on both sides they have now a more or less "transparent" one sided laser edging. So, it's the same like with the green Astras (same factory in St. Petersburg), and also the same discussion about different or changed blades. Well, the Astras are the same as well as the Perma-Sharps -- no difference to the Super whatsoever.

I also got myself a 100 pack of the Gillette Perma-Sharp Stainless. They don't say Super, and instead of the printing on both sides they have now a more or less "transparent" one sided laser edging. So, it's the same like with the green Astras (same factory in St. Petersburg), and also the same discussion about different or changed blades. Well, the Astras are the same as well as the Perma-Sharps -- no difference to the Super whatsoever.

Perma-Sharp Super are a different blade in the gold pack:

perma-sharp-super-3.jpeg
1623184084610.png

Top Bottom