What's new

Perfume Newbie

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Saturday delivered another good shave. Because a fragrance was added to today's shave someone suggested I crosspost here my experience as a perfume newbie.

1650746197163.png
Cube.Tube.Mysterium.640.1.-22.JPG

Snmirn settings today were 3, 8, 1, and 1.5. There's a difference between 1 and 1.5. Both work. Same could be said for 2 and 3; I'll try 2.5 and 1.25. Today's blade was my again flipped Wizamet SI, going strong. Nothing different about my preshave products, but that doesn't mean they're ordinary. No splash today.

4-23-22.Thauy.Nakht.640.JPG

Instead...

Several days ago my wife dragged me to an outlet mall. For no good reason I purchased several men's perfumes. I feel rather stupid for having done this. It's not like I had any idea at all what I was doing. The nice salesclerk saw me coming. She was very helpful.

Amazing but my wife isn't mad at me for the purchases.

1650738237399.png

I sprayed just a tiny amount on my pulse points (because I can follow directions and sometimes do). The fragrance is as described according to my nose.

Already I can feel an awakening of a mysterious inner strength and power. I'm considering playing quarterback and linebacker for Green Bay in the fall.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
The best use of fragrance is to uplift your mood, IMO, so whatever you like is good as long as it doesn't make other people want to throw you out of the room.

A good friend of mine used to wear way too much of whatever his nice fragrance was. I never determined whether to mention it to him. Now he's gone so I can't.

I will try to avoid being that guy. Mentioning to my wife and also to my office manager that any feedback would be appreciated sounds like a good plan.

Thanks for the pointer.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Already I can feel an awakening of a mysterious inner strength and power. I'm considering playing quarterback and linebacker for Green Bay in the fall.

Isn't it amazing how a scent can have such power to do that to you? And just so you know, I rarely buy cologne, I often go a couple of years before buying a new bottle of something. But when I got that Davidoff Cool Water, it made me very happy. But ya, scents are powerful for sure, and glad you like yours new fragrance!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Today I tried another of the new fragrances I purchased Easter Monday.

4-22.Tobacco&Cognac.Insurrection.640.Clear.JPG

I'm unable to locate any information concerning this fragrance, its scent profile, etc.

It's a perfume according to the box.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I like the Escada because it lasts a long time with a subtle fragrance. I agreed with your earlier comments about using too much. I like it when people can only smell it when I give them a hug. So I always go easy on the application.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Yesterday's fragrance was this one...

4-22.WhiteFusion.PrivateCollectionByLomani.640.JPG

Today's fragrance was one I've used once before.

4-23-22.Thauy.Nakht.640.JPG

I like both of these.

Happy shaves,

Jim

That's about where I am with all the fragrances. Newbie lacking experience.

Someone suggested smoking it, but they were on crack.

Happy shaves,

Jim
Yes the fragrance thing is another great rabbit hole! I'll use the Aventus now for spring/summer, get some more Royal Oud for fall/winter, and also buy some Terre d'Hermès to try as lots of gents here like it. Happy shaves to you Jim!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Yes the fragrance thing is another great rabbit hole! I'll use the Aventus now for spring/summer, get some more Royal Oud for fall/winter, and also buy some Terre d'Hermès to try as lots of gents here like it. Happy shaves to you Jim!

I'm pretty pleased with the one I applied this morning.

4-22.Tobacco&Cognac.Insurrection.640.Clear.JPG

Which doesn't mean I wouldn't like the fragrances you mentioned.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

It's interesting to read about these fragrances and to explore the various retail sources. There is a good bit of variation in the prices from place to place. I suspect everyone already knows that.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Today's fragrance...

4-22.CapriccioBySomens.640.JPG

This was the first used of my new fragrances, but I'd neglected to take a picture.

I like it, too. I like all four of the new perfume fragrances I've tried. I have one more fragrance box to open.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Today....

4-22.Nakht.640.JPG

I think maybe I like this one the best of the fragrances I recently purchased.

I wonder how to use these along with my aftershave?

So far, since I've been using the perfumes, I've used a scentless balm and no aftershave. That's what? A week or so. Big Newbie without anything in the way of knowledge and experience.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom