What's new

Perfumania has a very good sale going on with Tabac

The price or available discounts are moot points for an item that is not in stock. Changing the price on an out of stock item may not be playing games but it makes little sense.

The price or available discounts are moot points for an item that is not in stock. Changing the price on an out of stock item may not be playing games but it makes little sense.

That change is programmed so that they're prepared if the item is received in inventory this week. Last week they were out of stock on the shaving bowls and they were back in stock a few days later.

Ordered two refills and one bowl just a few minutes ago. Shipping wasn't free but at more than 50% off it's a great deal. Thanks.

Ordered two refills and one bowl just a few minutes ago. Shipping wasn't free but at more than 50% off it's a great deal. Thanks.

Why wasn't shipping free? The BOGO50 offer also includes free shipping and the EXTRA15 takes off an additional 15%. If you just ordered two more bowls rather than the refills, you would have just paid about $2.12 more per bowl with the discount codes.

Did you also use the cashback sites as previously mentioned?

Why wasn't shipping free? The BOGO50 offer also includes free shipping and the EXTRA15 takes off an additional 15%. If you just ordered two more bowls rather than the refills, you would have just paid about $2.12 more per bowl with the discount codes.

Did you also use the cashback sites as previously mentioned?

I may have used too many codes. I used a 20% off code and then a 15% off code. With 60% off I won't complain. Two soap refills for less than the price of one elsewhere!

Ha! Glad I checked back in. They were out of the soap and bowl a few days ago, so I settled for a refill and a bottle of AS. Today the bowl was back in stock with clearance price, plus used PFM20 for free shipping. Thanks to Shaveathon for mentioning the change in stock status.

Ha! Glad I checked back in. They were out of the soap and bowl a few days ago, so I settled for a refill and a bottle of AS. Today the bowl was back in stock with clearance price, plus used PFM20 for free shipping. Thanks to Shaveathon for mentioning the change in stock status.

You're very welcome. Sites like Perfumania and Fragrancenet have to be checked frequently. If all of us wrote them and requested more shaving products, maybe they would carry a deeper selection.

Once again, I hope everyone is using a cashback site in addition to the discount codes.

The scent isn't for everyone. When I purchased the EdC months ago, as soon as I smelled it, it took me back to a time decades ago and I wondered why I never purchased it back then nor did I know the brand name at that time. It grows on you after a few minutes
and becomes very enjoyable.

I'm sorry I purchased the refill rather than another bowl as it's only about $2 more, and I already purchased two bowls! Those great bowls can be used for refills of other soaps.

My stuff arrived today and I gave the soap a try. Holy cow is that stuff good! Why have you guys been keeping it a secret all these years?! The aftershave and cologne bottles are monsters. I guess the size didn't register with me, but 10oz is A LOT. I like the scent of the soap and am so-so on the aftershave. I'm sure it will grow on me. It better, I'll be using it the next 5 years.

Well I'm on board with 2 tubes of the shaving cream. I've heard of it here but I've never tried it. With the discount and free shipping it came out to be $4.55 a tube. At that price, how bad could it be?

Got my 2 refill pucks yesterday for like $15 shipped. That's crazy. Well, I should be set for some time.

Well I'm on board with 2 tubes of the shaving cream. I've heard of it here but I've never tried it. With the discount and free shipping it came out to be $4.55 a tube. At that price, how bad could it be?

Were those prices with tax? The shaving cream should be $4.25 per tube after the 15% discount and free shipping. The refill pucks should be $6.38 per puck or $12.76 for 2 with free shipping.

They now have a $5 off $50 coupon (SAVE5). If you can get a friend or two to help build up the order, the SAVE5 stacks with the EXTRA15 and the PFM20 for for free shipping.

Were those prices with tax? The shaving cream should be $4.25 per tube after the 15% discount and free shipping. The refill pucks should be $6.38 per puck or $12.76 for 2 with free shipping.

They now have a $5 off $50 coupon (SAVE5). If you can get a friend or two to help build up the order, the SAVE5 stacks with the EXTRA15 and the PFM20 for for free shipping.

I checked my email from perfumania. I paid 7.50 for one puck and 7.49 for the other. No tax I guess. I live in IA.

For sure! I have the puck in my bowl, plus two more. I think my next purchase may be some of this! Check out the Tabac references in the description.

http://www.fineaccoutrements.com/Fine-Classic-Shaving-Soap-American-Blend-p/ss_ab.htm

Thanks for the link. It was a very interesting read. I was aware that many on B&B think highly of Tabac, but I didn't realize the artisans also raved about it. Tabac doesn't nearly go into that much detail about the soap on their very understated site!
This is the extent of Tabac's description of their shaving soap: http://www.tabac-original.com/index.php?id=87 and
https://shop.tabac.de/tabac-original-rasur-tabac-original-rasierseife-tiegel-125-g.html

If you want to see the entire Tabac product line, it's here (switch to English on the upper right of the page):

https://shop.tabac.de/tabac-original.html

From what I've been told, Quality Fragrances/Perfumania Holdings (parent company of Perfumania) is the US distributor of Tabac.
For nearly a year, all I've seen on Perfumania.com is the EdC and the EdT which was in stock for about a month. It's only recently that they added the deodorant stick, aftershave, shaving bowl, refill, and shaving cream. Maybe they'll stock more of the line as the demand created by B&B alone might have opened their eyes. I saw a thread posted to The Shave Den forum about a week after I started this thread about the Tabac sale.

Top Bottom