What's new

Perfect set-up

This is my first post. I have been DE shaving for about 1 month. I'm from the US but am working in South Africa for now. This has made it difficult to find good products, but I've finally found a setup that works great.

Here is a quick overview of my progress:

Stage 1: Plastic Lion razor, SuperMax SS, Palm Shave. Razor too aggressive, couldn't lather w/ Palm Shave
Stage 2: Weishi 9306, Bic Platinum, Muhle Sandalwood. Razor too mild, couldn't lather w/ Muhle
Stage 3: Muhle r89, Bic Platinum, Tabac. Razor perfect, not great lather w/ Tabac
Stage 4: Same set-up, Proraso red cream. Really great lather. Everything good
Stage 5: Same set-up, Tabac again. Perfect lather. Everything perfect

I went through all of these stages by reading dozens of B&B threads. Thanks to everyone!

-Murray

Sounds like you are off to a great start, Murray. That being said, I don't think it is really in the B&B spirit to quit acquiring when you get the right setup! :lol:

Welcome aboard! I agree that this forum is a massive boon. Ton's of great guys with lots of knowledge. I've also gone through a lot of combinations to get to my current favorable setup with my DE razor. It's still not perfect, so I guess I will have to keep trying(and buying, and buying, and buying...).

Glad you found your perfect set-up, my first razor is still probably my favorite, but that hasn't stopped me from acquiring many more.
proxy.php
I hope you enjoy your shaves as much as I enjoy mine.

proxy.php

Welcome to B&B

Good to hear your venture into traditional wet shaving was successful AND that you have decided to join us.

Do not be shy about joining in ANY of the conversations and meeting the members. We're all good friends here on B&B

Drop into the Shave Wiki and read over some of the shaving articles. http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/ You will find a LOT of useful info in there.

If you have not already done so, stop into the Hall of Fame and tell everyone a little about yourself

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/forumdisplay.php/30-Hall-of-Fame

Hello and welcome, Murray. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Sounds like you are off to a great start, Murray. That being said, I don't think it is really in the B&B spirit to quit acquiring when you get the right setup! :lol:
If I've learned anything so far, you can always improve on perfect!

Top Bottom