What's new

Perfect razor and blade combos

I'd like to think that all blades are close enough to each other to really not make a difference, and that a razor just holds the blade, but real life shaving tells me different.
Some razors shave me better than others, and some blades make me smile, and others make me curse them. Fact, at least for me, and YMMV also. Yes, I can take a blade to dozens of uses, and while I can shave with it, will it make me smile and rub my face when I'm done, or does stubble come back sooner than I'd like?

The last three shaves I've used a Razorock Lupo with a titanium handle, and a Shark Super Chrome. Three wonderful shaves, smooth, close no irritation. Makes me smile.

What combos have you had that are just perfect together?

Actually have a few that work super for me. Blackland Blackbird with Gillette Nacet, Blackland Sabre with GEM PTFE coated SE blades, and Razorock .84P Gamechanger with Polsilvers. I do have more excellent ones, but think these ones are at the top of the ladder.

If you're new to DE shaving, my advice is to buy a sampler pack of different razor blades instead of 25, 50 or 100 of the same blade. You'll typically receive 2 of each brand of blade. Which blade works the best is very personal to each consumer. Load up each of the blades in your sampler pack (probably using the same razor) and see which one works best for you.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
If you're new to DE shaving, my advice is to buy a sampler pack of different razor blades instead of 25, 50 or 100 of the same blade. You'll typically receive 2 of each brand of blade. Which blade works the best is very personal to each consumer. Load up each of the blades in your sampler pack (probably using the same razor) and see which one works best for you.
+1!

Both Shark Platinum & Chrome in:
'47 Super Speed
Z4 Super Speed
'38 De Soto Grille
AoS Clone
M4 Knack
Krona

Rapira LUX
S1 Super Adjustable 109

BIC Platinum
All my Techs & Open Combs

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Gillette Flat Bottom Tech and Kai blade

Also the Pre-war Canadian Tech with trangle slots and the mid-1950s heavy English Ball End Tech mate up beautifully with the Kai.

YMMV

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
ATT S2/Astra SP
ATT SE2/Feather Pro (scary but not deadly)
PAA Starling V2 OC/Personna Gem PTFE coated

O.H.

Top Bottom