What's new

Pereira Lather Bowl

I seen this on the Tube. Its unbreakable they say. I think its coming out this December?
upload_2018-12-9_0-1-52.jpeg

Several people on our Dutch forum already have theirs. One received a bowl with damage but that got replaced without problem. Some of them like it others not so much (as with all bowls). Very plastic feeling and of course doesn't hold heat.

It looks and feels plastic not resin, but at the same time it's textured and not the usual plastic shiny like for example the Timeless bowl. This feels heavy as it is substantially thicker and it may not break but it does dent like plastic. See my photos
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Good to see. I have been using a tea cup for over a decade. Would like a change and for travel. Other widemouth, bowl like suggestions?

Fine Lather Bowl might fit the bill.
This is wide mouth and a good bowl. If you're looking for a travel scuttle - look for phoenix artisan accoutrements travel scuttle. It's pretty good and breakable as the commercial claims - made from the steel of plastics !

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Got mine a month ago and must say the following: the brush stand is not made for any brush handles... 24-30 mm which i use, normal or fat styles, nothing fits.
Lathering ability is very very good! Thirsty soaps will lather expertly.
It has a big ole deep bowl, which can hold loads of finest foam and you won’t knock your favorite handles on the rim...
For the price, it is good. But imo not more. The SV Shave Grail is much better, in any way thinkable..

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I received mine a month ago and am very dissapointed about the finish, they changed the rules on the crowdfunding and some looks and feels cheap and glossy, no texture at all, and some flash and sinks, at least on the white one. From all my brushes, only the Semogues 620, 830, and 1800 fit well on the rest but I found them short for this bowl, got better results with my 48 and a Razorock 400 with a boar knot. All in all lathers very good, makes a lot of lather and it isn't heavy of difficult to hold. Just it isn't an eye candy like other bowls.
IMG_20190209_213211657.jpg
IMG_20190209_213219339.jpg
IMG_20190209_213232732.jpg

The first couple pictures look like it’s made from the same plastic that tortilla warmers are made from. Very durable and good thermal properties.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who has issues finding a brush that fits the brush rest :D
And I can attest to the finish being a bit disappointing/not what it was originally advertised to be.

That being said the bowl works really well in building a lather, it is light & easy to hold and I don't have to worry about it breaking. It sort of is a hybrid of the Timeless Bowl & Fine Accoutrements Bowl - best of both worlds if you will. Not regretting the purchase and this will be my forever bowl.

I received mine a month ago and am very dissapointed about the finish, they changed the rules on the crowdfunding and some looks and feels cheap and glossy, no texture at all, and some flash and sinks, at least on the white one. From all my brushes, only the Semogues 620, 830, and 1800 fit well on the rest but I found them short for this bowl, got better results with my 48 and a Razorock 400 with a boar knot. All in all lathers very good, makes a lot of lather and it isn't heavy of difficult to hold. Just it isn't an eye candy like other bowls.
View attachment 951302 View attachment 951303 View attachment 951304
From those pictures,it looks smooth, shiny and nice, I like it. I bought the town wood looking one, not my favorite color, bit it lathers good too.

Top Bottom