What's new

Percolator Fans - Suggest Some Parameters

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I just bought this at the Salvation Army store for $5.99 plus tax. No idea if it worked, but it was a risk I was willing to take, as I am cheap but REALLY wanted to see if perked coffee was as good as I remembered, and I'm kinda dense so I knew it had to be electric:
View attachment 1218665View attachment 1218666
After 4 or 5 pots I'm beginning to dial it in. Getting better every time I use it. But..... I also received a new device that I bought online that I used for the first time this AM. It's one of those, oh I don't know what it's called. I'll take another picture. I will say this about the perc vs. my 4 cup Mr. Coffee: it is thermostatically controlled, so it keeps the coffee HOT, without boiling/evaporating it away like my Mr. Coffee.

That looks a lot like the used one I found, save mine doesn't have that cool glass bulb to watch it perking. Compared to the stovetop perc it is faster from 0 to coffee, but you cannot adjust the timing. Both percs take a little more cleanup time as compared to the Technivorm, but the coffee tastes better than any drip to me. I got both used pots for a song, and unless the electric one burns out I'll be enjoying the process of dialing them in. Right now I think the stovetop will be the ultimate winner, as I can't see how to break it and it offers greater flexibility in the brewing. Now am looking for one of the old Pyrex clear glass jobbies at a reasonable price ..

garyg

Ok, in the spirit of B&B, I found an old Pyrex Perc like my grandparents used .. this after some clean-up, Cafiza on the parts then had to disassemble the handle/band to chase some real old schum out ..

Test run in the AM,
20210212_163237.jpg

garyg

No love for the old Perc eh? It does make a great cup of coffee, but the down side is cleanup is a beeotch compared to the Revere ware .. worried about the glass parts slowed it down

But, much better than the Moccamaster

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
No love for the old Perc eh? It does make a great cup of coffee, but the down side is cleanup is a beeotch compared to the Revere ware .. worried about the glass parts slowed it down

But, much better than the Moccamaster
But man.....that thing has STYLE baby! I'll be looking at Garage Sales!

Top Bottom