What's new

Pepper Spray

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
The X26 Taser was discontinued last year for the new 2 shot Taser, the X2. While taking the ceremonial ride was great for the young fellas getting certified with it, I decided I wouldn’t put my older heart to the test. :)

In my work we are issued a 10% OC spray. I will tell you, it is NOT cuff up in a can. I would say a solid 5% of the time it does not work. For those on which it does work it is a spray of misery but, in a lethal situation (knife, gun or a weapon of some kind) I am not sure I would trust it. Training states in that situation to use ones judgement but lethal force is authorized. In the good old days of my "youth" when I first started, one of the old timers taught me to spray it on my hands before going into a bar fight. If you had to grapple with someone, you could get your hand on their face and eyes (watch the mouth) and it would start their eyes to burning like fire. Of course one would not want to do that with ones gloves today. But then again we had SAP gloves back then. Those things HURT!

I took a tactical EMS course years ago where we had to walk through an abandoned building that was full of CS gas, without masks, while instructors (with masks) "spritzed" us with pepper spray as we stumbled by, coughing and eyes burning, snot and tears running. You felt like you were gonna die, but of course we didn't. Great fun that!
I have been through the gas chamber enough times while in the military that there is no way I am going to volunteer for that. Must have been quite the experience.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
My wife carries a taser. It looks like a large lipstick case. She accidentally got her finger with it, she said it hurt like a ****. It actually gave me confidence if she had to use it, it may do some good.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I have been through the gas chamber enough times while in the military that there is no way I am going to volunteer for that. Must have been quite the experience.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Yea, the military experience was a walk in the park (been there, done that to) compared to this.

Sort of on topic, sort of not, but yesterday I discovered a manufacturer of non lethal gun ammunition that creates a shotgun shell full of rubber buckshot mixed with pepper spray mixture. Does that not sound even worse than death? I can find and post the link, if anyone is interested. I considered getting some 410 shells of it for my Bond Arms derringer.

Top Bottom