What's new

PenWorks-Pre Fathers Day Specials

I will be putting up some weekly specials with Fathers Day approaching. This week I have a 22mm two band finest badger hair brush with an acrylic Jade handle. Sale price 30% off for $32.20 plus shipping. The brush can be found on this page.

http://www.penworks.us//index.php?main_page=index&cPath=25_73

Thanks for looking and stayed tuned for more specials coming. :smile:

Tony,

That is great. Almost afraid to jump on this for fear of missing something even better coming down the line.

I know I have probably seen it often from you, but I cannot find a discussion on your web site. Can your do a quick run down, or direct me to one, of what the various designations of badger hair specifically for the Penworks line of brushes mean?

Hate to bother you. Love your stuff. Thanks.

Channing

Tony,

I know I have probably seen it often from you, but I cannot find a discussion on your web site. Can your do a quick run down, or direct me to one, of what the various designations of badger hair specifically for the Penworks line of brushes mean?

Hate to bother you. Love your stuff. Thanks.

Channing

The Penchetta Line of brushes are hand lathed turned by me, the PenWorks line of brushes are imported.

The Penchetta Line of brushes are hand lathed turned by me, the PenWorks line of brushes are imported.

Sorry. Inartfully framed question from me. I meant the grades of badger hair in the Penworks. Looks to me like there are three varieties in Penworks, pure, finest (which I take to be the equivalent of what the guide that has a link in the right side bar on the home page of B&B refers to as "best badger," two toned/striped, stiffer than silver tip, but still quite soft), and silver tip. (I guess the Penchetta brushes are silver tip and super badger, which is a treated silver tip.)

Are these Penworks knots as well stuffed as the non-English ones you sell separately on Golden Nib?

These are are great looking, extremely well-priced brushes, Tony. I am not even sure what I am asking!

Sorry. Inartfully framed question from me. I meant the grades of badger hair in the Penworks. Looks to me like there are three varieties in Penworks, pure, finest (which I take to be the equivalent of what the guide that has a link in the right side bar on the home page of B&B refers to as "best badger," two toned/striped, stiffer than silver tip, but still quite soft), and silver tip. (I guess the Penchetta brushes are silver tip and super badger, which is a treated silver tip.)

Are these Penworks knots as well stuffed as the non-English ones you sell separately on Golden Nib?

These are are great looking, extremely well-priced brushes, Tony. I am not even sure what I am asking!

Found this description by you of finest versus silvertip for the Golden Nib knots. http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=50869&highlight=penworks Would this description apply to the Penworks complete brushes, do you think?

Basically really like the jade handles, but trying to figure out whether 20 mm is big enough and whether the finest badger is stuffed tight enough and soft enough for my purposes. I use soap and cream. Want soft, but not too, too floppy.

Have wanted one of your brushes for a long time, and it is Father's Day after all!

Here is the description link.

I added a few more brushes to the site and there are some good sale prices going on at PenWorks, http://www.penworks.us//index.php?main_page=index&cPath=25&zenid=2dd28f1e719fafe4112b5e4284fbe0f9

For those that take the time to view this post, here are some specials for you. Any brush below $40.00 and that includes shipping in the USA. First "I want it" gets it.

5. Redwood burl 22mm silvertip extra hair....SOLD
6. Buckeye burl 22mm silvertip extra hair
7. Box Elder burl 22mm silvertip extra hair....SOLD
8. Cococbolo 22mm finest badger hair.....SOLD

Thanks for looking. :smile:

Last edited:
Tony, these are beautiful. Mostly just curious, but are they branded Penworks or Penchetta, or do they carry not brand name. If they are not Penworks, did you really turn these yourself and are selling them for $40 a piece? Amazing!

These are Penchetta brushes turned by me. Just passing on some Fathers Day summer specials. :smile:

Awesome. Not getting to the point of hem clutching or anything, I hope!, but I would just get extra satisfaction out a brush if I knew it was one you made--a signature piece, if you would. Not that there is a thing wrong with you Penworks brand.

7. Box Elder burl 22mm silvertip extra hair
8. Cococbolo 22mm finest badger hair.

I wouild like these.

Pm is off to you, Tony
Tom

The JADE is a great looking piece too!
I'll likely be getting one of these also...
20 mm is fine for my use...
The JADE handle turns me on..
The Wood is also exciting.
Look at the style of the handles.....
I look forward to using the different handles with the different knots..
Tom

Quick as a bunny I received my THREE new brushes...I can't find the DAMN! camera......
Anyway the brushes EXCEED my expectations of craftmanship.
I still have to christen these...

7. Box Elder burl 22mm silvertip extra hair
8. Cococbolo 22mm finest badger hair.
JADE 20mm

Each one feels great in hand
Tom
ADD: actually these brushes MEET my expectations...I have HIGH STANDARDS with brushes.... :)

Top Bottom