What's new

Pens and Pints 2015

Heads up this Friday. A Pens and Pints gathering is posted on FPN for Toronto at Frog and Firkin at 4:30 till ??? Yonge and Shephard area a block from subway stop. If interested register so a table or tables are reserved.

Cheers,

Mags

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
You can only get ink by the litre nowadays, not by the pint.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I was lucky and was gifted some inks from Japan from Sailor and BungBox. Such generous pen friends! I am blessed.

The Toronto crowd still meets at GastroHub locale I believe this Friday in fact just north of Yonge and St Clair about 6 pm and usually 10 to 30 people once a month have pints and applies and discuss pens, inks, and paper journals, etc. They have a Facebook page. Check it out some time.

I had a quick trip to Toronto and met up with the pre pens and pints crowd Yesterday morning. These folks go way back with me and it was delightful to catch up. We met at a restaurant for brunch and it was more of a niche upscale area so the goat cheese omelette or freshly made blueberry pancakes were the repas. It was tasty grub and happy staff at Caroles Cheesecake...quite surprised to see us all show up right at 10 am during a cool rainy morning.

We had a nice catch up chat on pens and inks, nib repairs and adjustments, pen show and tell and sharing around of a few pens to try out and see an ink or try a recently repaired nib, even an attempted table fix to pull a stubborn Omas 360 nib and then the best part for friends; the personal stories which includes one very proud to be soon new Grandpa. Nope not I announcing that! Congratulations to Scriptus founder and organizer Philip on the upcoming birth of a grandchild.

Top Bottom