What's new

Penhaligon's ups the ante!

Folks,

I got a hold of a couple of tubes of Penhaligon's shave cream, and let me tell you this stuff kicks *** like nothing else. The lather is super thick and unctuous, the scents are classic, and the shave is slick and smooth. Just awesome stuff. English Fern is already my favorite scent, now having the shave cream, I am in heaven. If you can find some (no easy task), it behooves you to pick some up.

Scotto said:
Folks,

I got a hold of a couple of tubes of Penhaligon's shave cream, and let me tell you this stuff kicks *** like nothing else. The lather is super thick and unctuous, the scents are classic, and the shave is slick and smooth. Just awesome stuff. English Fern is already my favorite scent, now having the shave cream, I am in heaven. If you can find some (no easy task), it behooves you to pick some up.

Scotto, this is why I was raving about the Enymion cream, have you tried yours yet? I think that even at full retail ( now 30.00 insted of 24.00 ) it is worth the splurge.... when you want to really indulge yourself.
Cheers, DJ.

Dinder1 said:
( now 30.00 insted of 24.00 )

My thoughts exactly!
I'm a rookie around here. The cost of everything I feel I must purchase is nearing exponential levels. Now the ante has been raised?

Tito

Scotto,

I'm assuming you got the English Fern Cream from Franco? I find it a bit bizarre that even on Penhaligon's website, they don't offer the shave cream for sale. They only offer the soap, for a ridiculous $55.

You have any other lines on where to get this stuff? I'd like to try that & the Endymion.

They sell it - just not ALL of the scents. Look at the Blenheim link, for istance - it's there. Same for the Castile and Endymion, etc. No Fern though!!!

Guys -

Having now tried this cream I can say without reservation that Scotto is (once again) right on.

"This stuff kicks *** like nothing else" indeed...

It was, bar none, the smoothest, most lubricious shave I've had so far in my life. I NEVER thought I would say that... Soap, cream - better than all I've tried (and I've tried a few).

Wow... Just, wow.:eek:

HlSheppard said:
Guys -

Having now tried this cream I can say without reservation that Scotto is (once again) right on.

"This stuff kicks *** like nothing else" indeed...

It was, bar none, the smoothest, most lubricious shave I've had so far in my life. I NEVER thought I would say that... Soap, cream - better than all I've tried (and I've tried a few).

Wow... Just, wow.:eek:

It looks like I'm off to the Penhaligon Shop on Monday then... Bloody SCAD, is there no cure!??

Hi,

You might do a quick scan on Ebay for these shaving creams -- I picked up a tube of Endymion last week for about 14.00. Haven't seen the Fern though...

s

Scapa said:
Hi,

You might do a quick scan on Ebay for these shaving creams -- I picked up a tube of Endymion last week for about 14.00. Haven't seen the Fern though...

s
Good tip! Any particular seller?

... and me mine. A tip: you might try to negotiate a lower shipping price since with Signed-for at about 7.00 GBP you're close to bricks-and-mortar price...

s

Alright, I guess I'm gonna have to try this.... DAMN the SCAD.

Anyway, anybody know if any brick and mortar store in NYC carries it? Not knowing the Penhaligon's scents, I would like to sniff before buying....

Especially would love to hear that Pastuer's carries it (dangerous as it is for me to go there).

Top Bottom