What's new

Penhaligon’s Sartorial

Does anyone have experience with this fragrance?

I’ve blind bought it as my first experience with the brand and hear it’s similar to Beau de Jour.

I have two bottles that I blind bought during a sale. Very unique fragrance that is quite true to its name.

A mix of beeswax and freshly cleaned sheets, with a sharp cold metal note. I use it occasionally, when I suit up for a special occasion. I enjoy Sartorial very much, but for me it’s not an everyday fragrance unless you work a formal corporate job

I’m a big Penhaligon’s fan and I’d put Sartorial below Douro and Bayolea (my favorites), on par with English Fern and Lavandula (all very nice) and above Opus 1970 (nice but too much cedar for me)

One of Pen's finest if you ask me. I haven't worn it in years but always enjoyed it when I did. I fully agree that it has a metallic note in it but it warms up nice on the dry down.

Thank you. I work in a clinical environment so I’m hoping it’s safe enough and appropriate as I do love lavender notes in fragrance!

With the metallic note, the only fragrance I have that makes me think metallic is Chanel’s Platinum Egoist, is it similar?

With the metallic note, the only fragrance I have that makes me think metallic is Chanel’s Platinum Egoist, is it similar?
They're similar in the sense they have a classic barbershopy vibe about them, but scent profiles are quite different.
The metallic note in Platinum Egoiste is more prominent, while Sartorial is more subdued and layered.

Great scent. I do not recall the metallic note. Pretty much a traditional fougere with honey/bees wax notes to me. I agree that it is arguably rather formal. Great corporate boardroom scent.

Sartorial is great stuff!
Let us know how you like it!

penhaligons sartorial muehle joris january 12 2018.jpg

Well it's arrived... First spray and I immediately smell Brut which is not something I'd expected (or want). I will of course see how it develops and dries down, but as much as I was expecting a classic, initial thoughts are that it may be a bit too classic for me at this stage in life.

I can certainly see now why people have said it's a formal scent, because I don't see myself wearing this casually or at work (in scrubs) as it will be a bit disjointed.

Very surprising and interesting, either way!

Well it's arrived... First spray and I immediately smell Brut which is not something I'd expected (or want). I will of course see how it develops and dries down, but as much as I was expecting a classic, initial thoughts are that it may be a bit too classic for me at this stage in life.

I can certainly see now why people have said it's a formal scent, because I don't see myself wearing this casually or at work (in scrubs) as it will be a bit disjointed.

Very surprising and interesting, either way!

well, try just a light single squirt, maybe with a drop of water, to see how it goes?!
fwiw, it's one of only a couple frags that my swmbo will approve!

They tried to capture the smell of a suit tailor shop and I think they absolutely nailed it. Upon first smelling Sartorial I thought I was in a tailor’s shop. When I read the notes, I was blown away how well they captured it.

They tried to capture the smell of a suit tailor shop and I think they absolutely nailed it. Upon first smelling Sartorial I thought I was in a tailor’s shop. When I read the notes, I was blown away how well they captured it.
Absolutely NAILED it. I think that's what disappoints me the most because it is such a cool story and a conversation starter. It just didn't work for me at my current stage in life. I've heard some fragrances called 'mature' before but I've never felt 'too young' to wear them, however this one I feel works better with a few more years on the ticket than I currently have.

I'll definitely revisit it in the future.

So a little follow on from this, I returned the fragrance in the end as I sadly never saw myself reaching for it.

I've recently gotten a bottle of Dior's Eau Sauvage Parfum and it's great. I feel there's one note in particular that I can't put my finger on that definitely feels similar to Sartorial, but I am loving it. It feels like a tamer version.

Top Bottom