What's new

Penhaligon's Sampler

Ordered a men's 10 scent sampler from London Bathecary through amazon last week. It came today. I'm very impressed with their service so far.

For the SWMBO review:

Nah
Bluebell
English Fern (I have the soap though, LOL)

Not TOO Bad
Lily of the Valley
Lavandula

OK
Endymion
Malabah
Artemisia
Blenheim Bouquet (I think my favorite, at least from the tester)

Really Liked
Hammam Bouquet
Quercus (her favorite)

Were you going to be trying all of those? If you did ordered the mens sampler you might want to contact them. You got the 5 and 5 sampler...

Hey, maybe you can pull off Bluebell, Malabah or Artemisia...YMMV. :biggrin:

Were you going to be trying all of those? If you did ordered the mens sampler you might want to contact them. You got the 5 and 5 sampler...

Hey, maybe you can pull off Bluebell, Malabah or Artemisia...YMMV. :biggrin:

Well, that explains a lot. I was thinking that "Bluebell" wasn't a very masculine name for a cologne, but then again they are British, aren't they?:001_huh:

****Ducks items thrown from across the pond****

I'll have to check and see which one I actually ordered. Most likely I ordered the 5/5. I've been a bit daft lately...:cool:

*******EDIT***********
Daftness confirmed. I did in fact order the 5/5. Anybody have the other 5 men's samples they'd like to trade???

OK
Endymion
Malabah
Artemisia
Blenheim Bouquet (I think my favorite, at least from the tester)

Really Liked
Hammam Bouquet
Quercus (her favorite)

Now that you decided which ones you like, you now have to decide which one's last more than an hour on you. :eek:

I also like Quercus, but I am doing good if I can get much more than an hour out of it

Bought one of everything in the Mitchell Wool Fat line (including the shaving soap) from London Bathecary a couple of weeks ago.

PRO's:
Incredibly rapid ship out & arrival @ my door

They carry the "full line" of Mitchell's Wool Fat products ('poo, gel, lotion, face soap, etc). Most places basically sell either the shaving soap if they're shaving oriented or the bath bar if they are bath oriented. Was impressed that LB had it all...and if they carried Mitchell's Wool Fat products in depth am sure they go deep into all the brands they carry.

They are also Brand Deep with the better brands.

Free Gift Wrapping....now there's something ya don't get everyday.

Free UPS over $100....Cum'on, how stinking hard is it to spend $100 on these kind of products???? A bottle of Penhalgion's 'n a Loofa !!!! LOL

E-coupons you can use at checkout or even AFTER CHECKOUT !!! I forgot to
apply my e-coupon & they retro applied it for me the next day...

Great Customer Service

CONs:

A tad pricey but still very competitive given the depth of Brit 'n Euro products they carry in inventory & volatile currency exchange rates.

OVERALL:

SWMBO really enjoyed the Gift Wrapped super rich luxurious & lanolinly bath soap, shampoo, shower gel 'n body lotion she got that she hardly noticed the little
box in there that had the Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap in the notorious ceramic bowl.....when she did, I pointed out that THAT was for HER gam's 'n any other BRISTLY PARTz she might care to mow !!!!

BTW - all the Mitchell WF products are top-notch. I recommend them all, not just the fabuluos (almost sinfully rich) Shaving Soap....S-M-O-O-T-H stuff

I plan on doing quite a bit more bidness with London Bathecary in future, particularly this Xmas after they come up with there Holiday specials 'n stuff....

Seen "The Hunt For Fred November" lately ??????

...I was thinking that "Bluebell" wasn't a very masculine name for a cologne, but then again they are British, aren't they?...Most likely I ordered the 5/5. I've been a bit daft lately....

You're not a bit British, yourself, perchance?

Most of London's on hand stock is Male/Female samplers. Here's a hint... call them up to order something and they will include free samples of your choice if they have them in stock. The free samplers of Penhaligon's are the same vials that are included in the sampler pack. My understanding is that the male-only samplers are only offered by Penhaligon's during the Christmas Holidays.

The Hammam is a fantastic Love It!/Hate It! fragrance. I get more of a powder scent on me, but other guys swear that it's the most horrid smelling thing. (For me, though, I reserve this distinction for Knize and Eucrist.)

Be sure to at least wear these scents. You will find that they morph and change according to your body chemistry.

-joedy

p.s. London's is a great shop. I've visited it often in person and never become bored of it.

Now that you decided which ones you like, you now have to decide which one's last more than an hour on you. :eek:

I also like Quercus, but I am doing good if I can get much more than an hour out of it

We have a constant battle over cologne. She likes me to be very subtle, almost nothing at all. "I should think: 'Is that cologne'" she says. I'm about a subtle as a train wreck (in most ways) by nature. I have always had to try to control how much I put on.

I have a cabinet full of premium colognes that I rarely wear anymore. Oh, well, if I have to get a bigger cabinet...

You're not a bit British, yourself, perchance?

No, born & raised right here in Atlanta. Lived all over the states before I finally ended up back here. The "daft" comment was a tip of the hat...
Most of London's on hand stock is Male/Female samplers. Here's a hint... call them up to order something and they will include free samples of your choice if they have them in stock. The free samplers of Penhaligon's are the same vials that are included in the sampler pack. My understanding is that the male-only samplers are only offered by Penhaligon's during the Christmas Holidays.

The Hammam is a fantastic Love It!/Hate It! fragrance. I get more of a powder scent on me, but other guys swear that it's the most horrid smelling thing. (For me, though, I reserve this distinction for Knize and Eucrist.)

Be sure to at least wear these scents. You will find that they morph and change according to your body chemistry.

-joedy

p.s. London's is a great shop. I've visited it often in person and never become bored of it.

My wife used to live in Richmond. May have to make a road trip one weekend...

Seen "The Hunt For Fred November" lately ??????

Listened to Hannity interview him yesterday at the Freedom Concert. Thought he was going to make the official announcement. My guess is he's going to ride the "leading candidate that's not an official candidate" train until it plays out.

Hi

Glad you like the sampler. I had the opportunity to pick one up from Covent Garden in London a few weeks ago. The young lady in the shop explained the 5/5 sampler to me. And split it in roughly this way:

Male scents:
English Fern
Endymion
Blenheim Bouquet
Hammam Bouquet
Quercus

Female scents:
Bluebell
Lily of the Valley
Lavandula
Malabah
Artemisia

Had the chance to swap the Bluebell for and English Rose scent too!

She did say that there were some that were 'crossover' scents and easily worn by both male/female, however I can't remember which ones! Maybe someone else can advise.

:001_smile

About a month ago I ordered online the gentleman's library from LB and received 10 samples of men's colognes. There were two choices a 5 men/ 5 women scents for I believe $20 and 10 men's for $30.

As others have said they arrived quickly and nicely packaged. I had a breakage of one of the vials and emailed LB which immediately sent a replacement.

I liked a number of the scents but found that the staying power was nowhere near what I prefer. Subtle isn't necessarily my style. I am still toying with ordering Endymion or Castile as they seemed to last longer than the others.

Mike

Hi

Glad you like the sampler. I had the opportunity to pick one up from Covent Garden in London a few weeks ago. The young lady in the shop explained the 5/5 sampler to me. And split it in roughly this way:

Male scents:
English Fern
Endymion
Blenheim Bouquet
Hammam Bouquet
Quercus

Female scents:
Bluebell
Lily of the Valley
Lavandula
Malabah
Artemisia

Had the chance to swap the Bluebell for and English Rose scent too!

She did say that there were some that were 'crossover' scents and easily worn by both male/female, however I can't remember which ones! Maybe someone else can advise.

:001_smile

I believe that Quercus and EF are unisex.

Top Bottom