What's new

Penhaligon's English Fern

Any other fans of this classy, and classic, cologne here on B&B?

proxy.php

Last edited:
It's on my must try list, I just need to get around to ordering a decant. Based on the reviews I've read, it seems like it would be a great summer scent.

Not to be the fingertip in the chili here, but I don't think I care for it. I'll give it another shot sometime this week or weekend; I've got a 2ml decant that I've only worn once or twice. I didn't like it much then, but I feel like I owe it another shot based on all the love it gets around here.

So far, though, I like Sartorial much, much more.

I found a bottle in a box on the porch today. Of course, I tried it out. My favorite Penhaligon's, this. Nobody asked, but EF is greener, sweeter, gentler than Wild Fern. WF is woodier, sharper. I like both. Can't say I like one better than the other. Both place in my top tier.

Having tried Hammam Bouquet, Castile, and Violetta, I'm not tempted to try any other Penhaligon's fragrances. However, given the support this house sees here and on other wetshaver forums, I feel I must continue to try. Perhaps this will be the one that wins me over.

Having tried Hammam Bouquet, Castile, and Violetta, I'm not tempted to try any other Penhaligon's fragrances. However, given the support this house sees here and on other wetshaver forums, I feel I must continue to try. Perhaps this will be the one that wins me over.

Well, part of it is definitely the wetshaver taste for fusty old-fashioned ****, which Pen's has in spades. But there are a few gems in there... Hammam and Violetta are a bit... Challenging? Certainly ones where people of taste can vary quite a bit.

I hated it when I first tried it, but after a few months I gave it another shot. Now it's a regular, probably within the top 3 for me.

Top Bottom