What's new

Penhaligons discontinued shave items

Anyone else noticed that Penhaligons has reduced their shave offering to only the basic Blenheim Bouquet cream and aftershave lotion? No more aftershave splash, no hard soap, nothing........

Fart snozzle! I've been stretching my BB aftershave splash by cutting it with witch hazel but I'm down to about half the bottle left. It is by far my favorite aftershave. I do still have a mostly full bottle of the EDT.

Now - do I keep cutting it or do I go all in and enjoy it to it's fullest extent?

Sad to see.

I AM surprised though that they still offer Hammam Bouquet. I thought that was discontinued years ago.

Chris

Sad to see.

I AM surprised though that they still offer Hammam Bouquet. I thought that was discontinued years ago.

Chris

They don't offer any Hammam Bouquet shaving related items anymore no but the yes, they still offer the EDT. They recently discontinued English Fern and Douro, therefore the only "classic" colognes Penhaligon's still produces are Hammam and Blenheim Bouquet but both of them are mere shadows of their former self's, that is my opinion at least.
I think the reasons why they they haven't come around and discontinue Hammam Bouqueas as well is because (supposedly at least, I haven't seen any actual proof of this being the case) it was the first perfume Mr William Penhaligon made and I guess for them to try to keep try and portray themselves as an old English Perfume house (now a faux Victorian image IMO), they reluctantly have to keep their first perfume in their lineup. All the the while they keep pumping out like 100 new perfumes every week and most of them with giant ugly antlers as caps, instead of real traditional glass stopper they used have not too long ago. Addition to all that, isn't Hammam Bouquet practically the sole reason for them keep their oh so important royal warrants?

Or am I being too harsh on them? I'm still quit mad at their decision to discontinue English Fern and Douro. ;)

Last edited:
They don't offer any Hammam Bouquet shaving related items anymore no but the yes, they still offer the EDT. They recently discontinued English Fern and Douro, therefore the only "classic" colognes Penhaligon's still produces are Hammam and Blenheim Bouquet but both of them are mere shadows of their former self's, that is my opinion at least.
I think the reasons why they they haven't come around and discontinue Hammam Bouqueas as well is because (supposedly at least, I haven't seen any actual proof of this being the case) it was the first perfume Mr William Penhaligon made and I guess for them to try to keep try and portray themselves as an old English Perfume house (now a faux Victorian image IMO), they reluctantly have to keep their first perfume in their lineup. All the the while they keep pumping out like 100 new perfumes every week and most of them with giant ugly antlers as caps, instead of real traditional glass stopper they used have not too long ago. Addition to all that, isn't Hammam Bouquet practically the sole reason for them keep their oh so important royal warrants?

Or am I being too harsh on them? I'm still quit mad at their decision to discontinue English Fern and Douro. ;)

Are you talking about the Fern EDT being discontinued? It’s still on the website now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you talking about the Fern EDT being discontinued? It’s still on the website now.

Yes, the EDT. You can find it if you search on Google (I think it's old stock) but it's not listed if you go trough "shop gents". I emailed Penhaligon and the lady who responded admitted to it being discontinued.

Well it’s back on their site now:

Well it’s back on their site now:

Even Douro seems to be back. Maybe it was a supply issue or maybe we shamed them into bringing them back. Either way who cares? They're back.

Now, to get them to produce good shaving soaps to go with them.

Chris

Hm, I can find both of them if I do a search but they do not appear when I click on Men's fragrances. Perhaps the lady who responded to my question was wrong or if they decided to bring them back. I don't know.

When I was in their Mayfair store last summer (2018) I was assured that the hard shaving soap would be reappearing in time for Christmas.

Sadly it has still yet to materialise

When I was in their Mayfair store last summer (2018) I was assured that the hard shaving soap would be reappearing in time for Christmas.

Sadly it has still yet to materialise

It would be nice if they’d just contract out Valobra to make soap using their scents like C&S does.

I think that it is too much to hope for unfortunately, as i'm still not convinced that they haven't discontinued English Fern and Douro, they certainly would't reintroduced their shaving line. Penhaligon has gotten in tl the dumpster of history -- selling overpriced ****e fragrances in ugly bottles. And they used to be my favourite house.... Damn them!

They used to put out a cream in the Castile scent.......that one was freakin' HEAVENLY!

It's long gone now, unfortunately.

English Fern is currently listed on their site as being "Out of stock". I would think if they were discontinuing it, it would have been removed! Perhaps it is time for us all to email them and express our concern about all the scent including English Fern and let them know that we still want it to be available!

English Fern is currently listed on their site as being "Out of stock". I would think if they were discontinuing it, it would have been removed! Perhaps it is time for us all to email them and express our concern about all the scent including English Fern and let them know that we still want it to be available!

It was in stock a month ago, so bet it’ll be back.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
They only seem to offer the cream and the lotion currently. I agree with the post above about those bottle caps, they are the very height of vulgarity. I would have to decant the scents or at the very least replace the caps rather than have those monstrosities in my den. To each his own of course.

Top Bottom