What's new

Pelikans

Here are some of my Pelikans.
IMG_20200208_1354560~3.jpg

Two M800s - a broad and an XF. The XF is the demonstrator, which I should have kept in box as a collector's item but love to write with so much it sits on my desk at home and gets daily use.

The ballpoint on the right is an EDC, in my pocket most days, and gets so much use that the brass has worn through.

I would love to see everyone else's Pelikans. Anyone else care to post pictures?

Schweet collections! I'm envious!

I have one M1000 that is out having its broad nib tweaked, but I am waiting on delivery on another M1000 with a medium nib. In fact, tracking says it's out for delivery now...

I love Pelikans! They to me represent the apex of quality and class. I like them even better than Mont Blancs. MBs are certainly nice pens, but their prices are so inflated by their marketing that to me Pelikan is the better choice.

I have one M1000 that is out having its broad nib tweaked, but I am waiting on delivery on another M1000 with a medium nib. In fact, tracking says it's out for delivery now...

I love Pelikans! They to me represent the apex of quality and class. I like them even better than Mont Blancs. MBs are certainly nice pens, but their prices are so inflated by their marketing that to me Pelikan is the better choice.
I have always aspired to an M1000 though never bought one. I'd love to hear a comparison from someone about the M800 vs the M1000.

I too plumped for Pelikans. Years ago there were warnings about Mont Blancs shattering if dropped and it put me off collecting them. Though I'm sure that was just heresay. I was given one Mont Blanc by a friend. My wife nabbed it...

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
My small flock. Green-marbled M200 on the left and Gray-marbled W. German M200 on the right.

5421FDC7-37BA-4AE2-8880-95936E708C3D.jpeg

One of these two pens occupies my shirt or jacket pocket most days. I’m scheming to add a Souveran to the flock later this year, probably an M600.

I only have an M205. It had some pretty harsh writing issues when I got it, most likely baby bottom on the nib. It now has a custom grind cursive italic on the nib. SO much better to write with.

my favorites pens are Pelikans and my very first FP was a Pelikan… here is the family. The four blue striped is the full set of 800s... pencil, ballpoint, roller ball and fountain pen. The others are the Ocean Swirl... an 800 red stripe, Ductus and the 205.
my Pelikans.jpg

Last edited:
I only have one now, a San Francisco limited edition with an extra fine nib worked on by Richard Binder.

I had a green-striped ball point, but I sold it.

Not using fountain pen anymore. I still have some really nice ones sitting around that I should probably sell. Might even part with the San Francisco to raise money for a Janus toggle.

Beautiful pens, gents.

I have a 200 something that I rarely use and a green striated M800 which is one of my 2 favorites. The either is the big MB Meisrerstuk. (149?). Both are great pens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Who is tweaking it?

View attachment 1060978

Two M800s - a broad and an XF. The XF is the demonstrator, which I should have kept in box as a collector's item but love to write with so much it sits on my desk at home and gets daily use.

The ballpoint on the right is an EDC, in my pocket most days, and gets so much use that the brass has worn through.

I would love to see everyone else's Pelikans. Anyone else care to post pictures?
View attachment 1060978

Are Pelikan Broad nibs generally juicy/wet particularly in the m800/805, m1000 line, I hear so? Thanks

Top Bottom