What's new

Peet's Coffee

It is just to die for?
Peet's is a real treat compared to blah zay type Starbucks that is most often served by nose pierced goons masquerading as true mocca latte guru's.
I was wondering if anyone else here Peet's around?

Yep I got one around. And I use their beans alot since they list the roast date. Havnt been to the brick and mortor store yet.

Your friendly neighborhood BambulanceMan

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
This summer was in a pinch for coffee. Got a bag of peers at target. And we were very pleasantly surprised. Its very good. I had their coffee from a peers shop in NYC but don't remember being so impressed. Maybe its expectations.

Peet's is just that good. I was telling someone recently, Hey you want to taste my Peets?
and they was like sure I'll have a shot at it.
Really wish coffee was what it used be.
Anyone remember those Chock Full Of Nuts.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
I discovered Peet's in the terminal at SFO. Noticed how little acidity they had in their house blend and when I saw it in the store in whole bean form, I became a life customer!

I ordered online for a bit, the coffee beans sent to me were roasted on the day they were sent. Major Dickerson was my favorite because I like the full flavor coffees. Major Dickerson while not the "Darkest" roast is full flavored for sure. No stores around my area carry it. None.

Ordering online got to be a guessing game, sometimes I'd go out for coffee, and sometimes I'd fire up the teakettle and French Press my own. Sometimes I'd have coffee left over from the previous shipment. Coffee overload. Peet's is a good roaster though.

There are 11 places within 5 miles of me listed on their website, ranging from Krogers, Harris-Teeter, Wegmans and, and even Walmart

I live in a town of under 40,000 people

I live in the country 1 1/2 miles from a town of 2000 people. :) In a Walmart 25 miles away, I did see they were carrying Peet's in the K-Cup. I don't do those. Whole Bean, for my burr mill grinder and then thru a French Press. I'm not really that big of coffee snob but I use to be. ;) I've been drinking "Sam's Organic Sumatra", it ain't bad but I only buy coffee in the bean form, never ground.

Bump. I had tried Peet’s Major Dickinson’s Blend at a local deli many times. They brewed it in a commercial drip machine. My reaction was always “Eh. It’s ok.” I bought a bag of whole beans and made my first batch this morning in a french press and OMG. It was absolutely delicious. I can’t remember reacting this way to any of the other coffees I’ve been brewing in my french press. I have an entire bag to enjoy before arriving at any conclusions but this stuff is the real deal.

Last edited:
Peet's is just that good. I was telling someone recently, Hey you want to taste my Peets?
and they was like sure I'll have a shot at it.
Really wish coffee was what it used be.
Anyone remember those Chock Full Of Nuts.
Yep! Haha. Also like Peet's coffee but it's not available everywhere. My name is also Pete :)

Top Bottom