What's new

Pearl Flexi v2 brass cnc milled adjustable razor is out!

I have cleaned the "bleeding red dot and numbers" did not want it stained. Numbers are like in your Gillette....

I had specifically asked this question to Pearl before buying as I don't like faded numbers on my vintage adjustables..they explicitly mentioned that they have laser etched the numbers. The red dot was paint and could be impacted by solvent cleaners and other cleaning tools.

Seems strange for Laser etching to bleed.

1st shave
GSB#1
Proraso red pre
Fitjar
Commodore 2
Started #3 on pass with grain, felt smooth still had a lot left over. #4 for 2nd and 3rd, some burning left over and 2 weepers (well ingrown hairs I fished out yesterday and the blade reopened).
This is a HEAVY razor.
Efficiency for me is average, I still favor OC razors. As a comparison, I have used the Yaqi adjustable that still is prototype , but interestingly that one.....that I have NO clue where the numbers graduate, has given me smoother shaves.

MMMMM instead of waiting for Razoremporium to restock I bought these 2 .... now I want the real thing....., or is the real thing a Gibs.....

Officially the Gibbs is the original I guess [emoji2369].

What you really want is a Russian Taiga!! Both SB and OC Baseplate options. [emoji4] [emoji1598]

I do really like the Pearl though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had specifically asked this question to Pearl before buying as I don't like faded numbers on my vintage adjustables..they explicitly mentioned that they have laser etched the numbers. The red dot was paint and could be impacted by solvent cleaners and other cleaning tools.

Seems strange for Laser etching to bleed.
I might have been just the smeared red over the adjacent numbers ( I need 2.5-3+ readers) and when I saw the mess I wasn't wearing them.

I have lost the #'s in my Gillette when doing the ultrasonic cleaning.....and then repaint them....(doesn't look all that good), but good enough to see them

I might have been just the smeared red over the adjacent numbers ( I need 2.5-3+ readers) and when I saw the mess I wasn't wearing them.

I have lost the #'s in my Gillette when doing the ultrasonic cleaning.....and then repaint them....(doesn't look all that good), but good enough to see them

Precisely what I wanted to avoid in a modern adjustable. 🙂

Adjustables have so many moving parts definitely need US cleaning once in a while.

1st shave
GSB#1
Proraso red pre
Fitjar
Commodore 2
Started #3 on pass with grain, felt smooth still had a lot left over. #4 for 2nd and 3rd, some burning left over and 2 weepers (well ingrown hairs I fished out yesterday and the blade reopened).
This is a HEAVY razor.
Efficiency for me is average, I still favor OC razors. As a comparison, I have used the Yaqi adjustable that still is prototype , but interestingly that one.....that I have NO clue where the numbers graduate, has given me smoother shaves.

MMMMM instead of waiting for Razoremporium to restock I bought these 2 .... now I want the real thing....., or is the real thing a Gibs.....
The rex ambassador is very different than the original gibbs. If you have the funds, I'd still consider getting the rex ambassador.

- Fayiz D.

I don't know whatever I was lucky or not, but I received my Pearl Flexi with 2 packs of 55 blades each (110 in total), 2 soap samples and a small synthetic brush (24mm according to their website).
154959476_2932479480363995_5174426691111388186_n.jpg

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
PRE: bloom water
RAZOR: The Pearl Flexi Adjustable Safety Razor V2 #4
BLADE: Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
BRUSH: Heritage Ever-Ready 26mm SHD Gel
SOAP: Ethos /CBL Fresh Lime Shave Soap

proxy.php

Awesome first shave with the Pearl Flexi Adjustable. There were no alignment issues, and the shave at level #4 was smooth and efficient -- BBS in two passes with a little touch up. IMHO this is a first class adjustable razor. It’s a keeper!

Top Bottom