What's new

Pearl Flexi v2 brass cnc milled adjustable razor is out!

Therazorcompany.com is restocking this in the next couple of weeks! They usually have a 10% discount code you can get by signing up for newsletter and free shipping. Their price is listed at $80. I may place an order to compare it to my Rex Ambassador.
If you end up doing this, we would all love to hear how you think they stack up. Maybe you could even do a few side-by-side shaves and give us your thoughts.

If you end up doing this, we would all love to hear how you think they stack up. Maybe you could even do a few side-by-side shaves and give us your thoughts.
Yeah will do if/when I get it. From what I saw on their website, it seems like the Pearl may be slightly less aggressive? The minimum and maximum blade gap on the Pearl is slightly smaller than the Rex.

Yeah will do if/when I get it. From what I saw on their website, it seems like the Pearl may be slightly less aggressive? The minimum and maximum blade gap on the Pearl is slightly smaller than the Rex.
It may also have less blade exposure, although i don't think they have published what its exposure is. I have never tried the Rex, but most people who don't like it state that it has a fair bit of blade feel, which suggests positive exposure.

It may also have less blade exposure, although i don't think they have published what its exposure is. I have never tried the Rex, but most people who don't like it state that it has a fair bit of blade feel, which suggests positive exposure.
The feel is slightly different between the two, largely because of weight. I found blade feel to be so comparable as to be indistinguishable, i.e., you may find that 4 on the Rex is ~4.5 on the Flexi, but I suspect this will be another YMMV.

Copied over from my SOTN last night.

You guys and your enabling... was trying to downsize [emoji2357]. With 10% off, thought the Pearl would make a very nice adjustable travel razor so the Taiga could stay at home.

“First shave with the Pearl Flexi tonight resulted in a pretty smooth adjustable shave (not Taiga smooth, but nice) - Much more comfortable for me and much less blade feel than the Rex or Variant (IMHO). I’ll try a fresh new blade tomorrow and see how it goes.”

proxy.php

TBF, I should’ve used a fresh blade, but it was waiting in line and I just assembled it and went to town. Fit and finish is really good for the price, decent knurling on the handle, and even the box is pretty nice. The only early critique I noticed was slight difficulty in adjustment to the knob on the fly - a little tight with wet / soapy fingers. I suspect this will improve over time. Has anyone else noticed this?? Anyways, looking forward to shave #2 later today.

Josh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the same issue with mine, but after a while it gets easier to move the knob. Do you hear anything when you shake your razor? I think the retention clip or the spring moves a bit when I shake mine and makes a rattling noise. It's not an issue, but I would prefer not to hear anything.

I probably wouldn’t have noticed if you hadn’t said anything. LOL. There is a very faint “rattle” only if I shake very aggressively - Otherwise I don’t hear anything. Good to know about the spring slightly loosening up over time [emoji1360]. BTW, I triple checked mine as far as uniformity with the blade gap (even wide open) before shaving. Mine was perfectly symmetrical.

You guys still using yours regularly?? They must be selling well. I saw that they were briefly OOS on the razor company’s website. Mine didn’t come with the free blades sadly. Oh well [emoji2369]

You guys still using yours regularly?? They must be selling well. I saw that they were briefly OOS on the razor company’s website. Mine didn’t come with the free blades sadly. Oh well [emoji2369]

Yes! I'm thinning my herd, and it is one of the keepers!

Got mine the other day, it's taking some getting used to, but I really like it. The cap/baseplate combo are pretty large for tight areas, like the
DSCF6990_edited.jpg
Rockwell6C. But this thing is solid.

Copied over from my SOTN last night.

You guys and your enabling... was trying to downsize [emoji2357]. With 10% off, thought the Pearl would make a very nice adjustable travel razor so the Taiga could stay at home.

“First shave with the Pearl Flexi tonight resulted in a pretty smooth adjustable shave (not Taiga smooth, but nice) - Much more comfortable for me and much less blade feel than the Rex or Variant (IMHO). I’ll try a fresh new blade tomorrow and see how it goes.”

proxy.php

TBF, I should’ve used a fresh blade, but it was waiting in line and I just assembled it and went to town. Fit and finish is really good for the price, decent knurling on the handle, and even the box is pretty nice. The only early critique I noticed was slight difficulty in adjustment to the knob on the fly - a little tight with wet / soapy fingers. I suspect this will improve over time. Has anyone else noticed this?? Anyways, looking forward to shave #2 later today.

Josh

I just bought one as a travel razor too, so I can leave the Rex at home! Yes, my adjustment knob is very stiff. I’m thinking it will break in.

I probably wouldn’t have noticed if you hadn’t said anything. LOL. There is a very faint “rattle” only if I shake very aggressively - Otherwise I don’t hear anything. Good to know about the spring slightly loosening up over time [emoji1360]. BTW, I triple checked mine as far as uniformity with the blade gap (even wide open) before shaving. Mine was perfectly symmetrical.

I use my V2 Pearl Flexi for the Fixed Four For March Madness challenge. After 20 shaves on it, I find I've mastered it to a point that it's very maneuverable inspite of it's weight. I have booked one more as a backup. I've also messaged them to come out with different finishes like chrome or gold or even raw brass with machined finished as its cnc milled brass and possibilities for such finishes exist. They indicated that they would consider this for future runs.

I don't go beyond setting 3 on the current fixed blade for the set. Maybe post March I will try another blade.

The V1 Pearl.Flexi spring was tacky and the dial was easy to rotate. I suspect that the spring introduced the defect in V1 and they replaced it with a tight heavier spring causing the dial to be hard.

Last edited:
Got one today; I think if you buy it from India they include blades and soaps? (can someone correct me if wrong) $98
In the US you can buy for 80 just the razor, delivered 2-3days

Just a word of caution, I always sink them in alcohol.....not long....., this one the red dot almost vanished....the numbers also bled.

Might use it later....

I had seen it before and chose not to buy, then I saw the Yaqi adjustable and bought it....was so frustrated with it I bought this one.

Interestingly I had previously decided to get the Rex...BUT when I ordered from Razoremporium it said: PreOrder..... so now I have 2 cheap copies of it.

Got one today; I think if you buy it from India they include blades and soaps? (can someone correct me if wrong) $98

Just a word of caution, I always sink them in alcohol.....not long....., this one the red dot almost vanished....the numbers also bled.

Might use it later....

Possible regarding the blades and such... initially when I purchased from The Razor Company, the listing said it included 50 blades (just like from Pearl’s website) - I didn’t receive any. When I double checked the listing, somebody must’ve complained because it was updated with that line being blank now. Oh well. [emoji2369]

proxy.php

Strange about the paint... that shouldn’t happen that easily [emoji848]

Might use it later....

I had seen it before and chose not to buy, then I saw the Yaqi adjustable and bought it....was so frustrated with it I bought this one.

Interestingly I had previously decided to get the Rex...BUT when I ordered from Razoremporium it said: PreOrder..... so now I have 2 cheap copies of it.

I am led to belive that the numbers are Laser etched. Can you post pics ?

1st shave
GSB#1
Proraso red pre
Fitjar
Commodore 2
Started #3 on pass with grain, felt smooth still had a lot left over. #4 for 2nd and 3rd, some burning left over and 2 weepers (well ingrown hairs I fished out yesterday and the blade reopened).
This is a HEAVY razor.
Efficiency for me is average, I still favor OC razors. As a comparison, I have used the Yaqi adjustable that still is prototype , but interestingly that one.....that I have NO clue where the numbers graduate, has given me smoother shaves.

MMMMM instead of waiting for Razoremporium to restock I bought these 2 .... now I want the real thing....., or is the real thing a Gibs.....

Top Bottom