What's new

Pearl Flexi v2 brass cnc milled adjustable razor is out!

The Pearl V2 landed today. Had pre-booked it for their next release.

Out of the box, there are immediately noticable changes.
1)The finish is a spectacular satin,
2)the adjustable dial has a solid hefty spring inside - no room for any side to side wiggle plus the dial aligns accurately and moves 1 to 6 without any roughness
3) numbers are different font and look impressive

The key difference is that the razor cap is thicker and feels substantial rounded. However didn't find any change in its heft and balance.

Excited to see how it will shave !!

For compare flexi V1 is on the left and the V2 on the right.
20210202_204015.jpg

20210202_204040.jpg

20210202_204210.jpg

I love that arch, more of a reflection of the Gibbs. Willing to bet it will make it more than a bit smoother also by adjusting the angle of attack. The numbers also look to be an improvement. The larger numbers are fine but with respect to my vision challenged brothers here, I thought the V1 numbers looked a little cartoony big.

That is a beauty.

Good to hear they made some positive improvements. Looks like this could be a real contender in the adjustable segment. So do you have to prebook on their site to get one? Will it become mainstream and available from other vendors at some point? Would like seeing one available in nickel plate.

The V2 looks much better for sure. I was contacted a week or so ago about my pre booked Flexi razor, but they only work with Paypal and I currently have some issues with my new card and for some odd reason Paypal doesn't want to link it to my account. I told them that if I can't resolve my issue within 2 weeks they can sell my razor. I've contacted both Paypal and my bank for this issue, since i'm not sure from where the problem comes from.

Mine is leaving New Delhi today. I don't know what their future plans are, but assuming the V2s are all in good shape and receive good reviews, I would expect them to increase production.

Info is skimpy, and if someone knows definitively please chime in, but as the razor is all brass, I would expect it to ne nickel plated, as chrome & DLC will flake if it takes a hard hit.

I'm anxious to see this...

This version is much improved on, from the looks of it. I tried to buy one, but the site told me it does not accept international credit cards. It says they have PayPal at the bottom, but that option does not popup at checkout. Such a shame.

This version is much improved on, from the looks of it. I tried to buy one, but the site told me it does not accept international credit cards. It says they have PayPal at the bottom, but that option does not popup at checkout. Such a shame.

If they are smart, they’ll get it on Amazon sooner than later. I checked on there today out of curiosity, but no luck yet. Getting it on Amazon will also provide piece of mind for those on the fence about ordering from India with regard to shipping issues. I am really looking forward to some reviews with V2. That cap really emulates the Gibbs so much now and I’ve long suspected the cap as the culprit regarding why my Gibbs are so smooth at all settings, but find my Ambassador lacking.

If they are smart, they’ll get it on Amazon sooner than later. I checked on there today out of curiosity, but no luck yet. Getting it on Amazon will also provide piece of mind for those on the fence about ordering from India with regard to shipping issues. I am really looking forward to some reviews with V2. That cap really emulates the Gibbs so much now and I’ve long suspected the cap as the culprit regarding why my Gibbs are so smooth at all settings, but find my Ambassador lacking.
The manager reached out to me after he noticed my order not going through.

He sent a request payment to my PayPal and I was able to pay for it. Now that is customer service.

I don't know how long it would take the razor kit to arrive, but I am so excited.

When I looked at their site and used a Rupee to Dollar converter, it looks like this is a ten dollar razor; is that true?

Last edited:
I had a shave with a new Gillette Wilkinson sword Indian blade in it.

The shave was nothing short of spectacular. Had a three pass bbs shave with great skin feel afterwards

Took the razor from 2 to 3 to 4 and in between and it has absolutely zero issues of uneven blade gap. the head geometry makes the razor very intuitive to use and is not aggressive with excessive blade exposure. It can be a daily shaver on 2 or less and I could take it up to a 4 and it didn't feel aggressive at all but efficient. Most aggressive razors have this feel of bite when used, not this Pearl flexi v2.

The spring and adjustable knob feel smooth to move and hold the place where you Leave it..the loose spring in V1 made the adjustable know feel a bit tacky even if it doesn't move during a shave.

This razor is very smooth and efficient and I find the satin plating on this new version a bit shiny and smooth on the skin. There is no drag felt.

This is one block buster adjustable razor for the wetshaving world for sure !!

Gents, For $75 and some for shipping its one hell of a deal. Comes with a free stand, ability to put your name on the top cap as personalization. Good news all over!

Last edited:
It could just be the pics but to me the base plate not only looks thinner, it also to me looks narrower from side to side as well.
I did a side by side compare and didn't find this to be the case. My vernier calipers battery died so couldn't go down to mm values. The cap geometry has definitely changed and I feel it makes the razor smoother and very efficient.

I had a shave with a new Gillette Wilkinson sword Indian blade in it.

The shave was nothing short of spectacular. Had a three pass bbs shave with great skin feel afterwards

Took the razor from 2 to 3 to 4 and in between and it has absolutely zero issues of uneven blade gap. the head geometry makes the razor very intuitive to use and is not aggressive with excessive blade exposure. It can be a daily shaver on 2 or less and I could take it up to a 4 and it didn't feel aggressive at all but efficient. Most aggressive razors have this feel of bite when used, not this Pearl flexi v2.

The spring and adjustable knob feel smooth to move and hold the place where you Leave it..the loose spring in V1 made the adjustable know feel a bit tacky even if it doesn't move during a shave.

This razor is very smooth and efficient and I find the satin plating on this new version a bit shiny and smooth on the skin. There is no drag felt.

This is one block buster adjustable razor for the wetshaving world for sure !!

Gents, For $75 and some for shipping its one hell of a deal. Comes with a free stand, ability to put your name on the top cap as personalization. Good news all over!
Wow nice. I can't wait to get mine. From your shave description, it looks to be a modern day Gibbs for sure, especially with the new reworked top cap.

How long did it take for your order to arrive?

Wow nice. I can't wait to get mine. From your shave description, it looks to be a modern day Gibbs for sure, especially with the new reworked top cap.

How long did it take for your order to arrive?

I am in India. So ....
:001_rolle

Its more than 8 hours since my shave and feels soft and bbs with zero irritation. The morning shave had no feedback with the alum block. I get such great post shave skin softness from my Gem style razors, game changers, Timeless and the PAA ss Ascension doc and my all time favorite- Gillette old type ot pre war tech !

Top Bottom