What's new

Pearl Flexi Open Comb release

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I used it again last evening, but with this months Plus Platinum blade .. very good shave at setting 5

And before I shaved I shook it to see if I could hear the rattle that upsets some folks .. hmm, yes, there is a loose sound, less than a rattle, more than nothing, that can be heard by an old man .. when shaking the razor like a macarena. Not audible when not shaking the razor to verify it ..

Still a very nice shave

WI used it again last evening, but with this months Plus Platinum blade .. very good shave at setting 5

And before I shaved I shook it to see if I could hear the rattle that upsets some folks .. hmm, yes, there is a loose sound, less than a rattle, more than nothing, that can be heard by an old man .. when shaking the razor like a macarena. Not audible when not shaking the razor to verify it ..

Still a very nice shaveH

When I had my OC apart, the only thing I saw that could rattle was the clip that holds the lower knob in the handle. The spring in the head is always under tension and does not really have room to move anyway. My OC does not have the rattle but my SB does.

Head shave, OC set to 3, a 2+ pass with a Willys blade.
Close and drama free shave......felt good.
On the other side had a LOT of burning on the face where I used a SuperSlant OC2++ =horrible.

So far the Pearl razor gives good and drama free shaves.....just a bit too heavy for the head.

First glance I didn't see it at Amazon, but it is there - $69 with free shipping (from India likely). Just when I think I'm out ..

What sad is Pearl's website wanted about the same price for the razor but $24 in shipping ..
I see it now too. If i had the cash i would. To bad amazon doesnt do trades😂. I fell in love with my r41 twist so i think i may like it. Id love to hear how it is when you get it

My new toy just arrived this afternoon ... three days from the enabling of the OP (shipped from Pearl USA, Georgia not India). Included are some blades I never heard of- in 11 packs no less? I took a look before snapping the picture and the blade gap looks to be ok. Test run to follow ..

View attachment 1653401
I wanna know how you like it. I neeeeed it!😂

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
First glance I didn't see it at Amazon, but it is there - $69 with free shipping (from India likely). Just when I think I'm out ..

What sad is Pearl's website wanted about the same price for the razor but $24 in shipping ..

Mine came from somewhere in the States. Georgia i think maybe. But definitely not from India.

And if I shake either of Flexi's vigorously, I can hear a little faint scraping sound inside. I would have never noticed that had it not been mentioned here. And it does not bother me in the slightest. I would suspect it is not any kind of a QA issue or design flaw. It is just intrinsic to the design internally. My 2 cents.

Am I right in thinking that as I increase the gap the exposure goes down? I have been doing my first pass at 1.5 and subsequent passes at 1. This provides a comfortable DFS but not as close as I would like. Today I started on 4 and immediately noticed the OC felt smoother with less blade feel. Made my second pass at 3.5 and finished with a BBS save for two small spots on either side of the Adam's apple. I used a Willy's on shave 4, still really like this blade.

Bumping this thread.

I used the Flexi OC for a month and a half daily (6 days/week). It took at least a month before my shaves became consistent. I have to say the Flexi OC has really impressed me. I settled in at 2-2.5 for the first pass and 1-1.5 for all subsequent passes and buffing. The grip of the handle is equal to my Rex and the shaves are just as impressive. I do have to slow down a bit with the OC as it will bite if I am not paying attention, particularly when landing. The weight of the razor can be a factor when you place the razor to your face and I found for me, that is when most of my problems occurred. All in all, I find the OC superior to the Flexi SB, the grip is better and the shave performance is a bit better for me. The Flexi OC works great for me and will be a regular in my rotation.

Joining in the thread!
I just ordered the Flexi OC from Pearl USA on Amazon for $69. Price was to good to overlook and I had some rewards points so it came out to almost free. I had the SB version a while back and sold it. Used the proceeds to fund other razors. But I currently have no adjustable so it should make a nice addition. I'm currently liking OC's and brass razors so that catapulted the purchase too. Looking forward to it!

I have both as well. Still trying to figure out if the SB is even worth keeping at this point.
Well I used my SB version today. Set it at 6, lathered up with my Omega 10090 Orange boar and used Noble & Otter Firefighter and my trusty old Personna Lab Blues blade. Not as efficient as some of my other razors, but for $69 or whatever I paid for the original SB version, it's nice enough to keep.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Well I used my SB version today. Set it at 6, lathered up with my Omega 10090 Orange boar and used Noble & Otter Firefighter and my trusty old Personna Lab Blues blade. Not as efficient as some of my other razors, but for $69 or whatever I paid for the original SB version, it's nice enough to keep.

I think the OC version might just make the SB version obsolete.

I have to admit, the Flexi OC has all but ruined the Flexi SB for me. The handle is worlds better for me and the OC head gives a closer yet just as smooth shave. I have been splitting time between the Flexi OC and the Rex Ambassador and to be honest, I can no longer say I favor one over the other. I can't help but wonder what the Flexi OC would be like in Stainless or Titanium.

Just received mine today!
What a tank of a razor! Beautiful finish! I'll give it a whirl for tomorrow's shave:

full

full

full

full

full

full

Top Bottom