What's new

Pearl Couscous

Ok , so for some reason this ingredient is new to me. I stumbled upon pearl couscous looking into backpacking recipes On YouTube.

I made chicken soup with a few thighs, carrots, onion, garlic, couscous , etc.

Everyone liked it so thats good!

I’m still looking at this ingredient for backpacking easy meals. Such as adding boiling water over and letting it sit for 10-20 minutes. Then boosting the flavor/ calories with olive oil , hot sauce, etc.

the YouTube guy made a recipe with Butler Soy Curls. Another ingredient I’m intrigued with at the moment. The YouTube fella’s recipe was basic but could be improved on .

If you have recipes for pearl couscous, please share. Especially if it’s a delicious family style recipe .
60636E4C-6491-4648-9EF6-FEB8B09E1F5A.jpeg

Search also for Israeli Couscous. That's the usual name people use for it. Most couscous recipes will work with it, though cooking time is longer. May be served like rice with a sauce on top. Can be used in salads or tossed with vegetables and a dressing, like pilaf.

I'm familiar with the usual couscous as we use it now and again as a side but I'll look into the pearl version.
Sounds a little more robust.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I like it a lot. Make a tagine, simmering meat, onion, peppers, etc. in broth with Moroccan spices of your choice. Toss the couscous into the broth about five minutes before it's done. Add dried fruit at that time, like dried cherries, craisins, or apricots. A great one pot meal. No need to brown the meat or sweat the vegetables. My favorite uses vegetable broth and skinless chicken thighs, spiced with turmeric, cayenne, cardamom, and cinnamon.

Top Bottom