What's new

Pearl all brass adjustable - "Flexi" pre-booked

I am quite a fan of Pearl razors from the early days of wet shaving. Pearl Safety razors both SB and OC were branded by various online vendors under their own models. Notorious for adjustment for their blade alignment like the fatip, they have been value for money razors.

Saw a post on their Instagram handle about the all brass CNC milled Adjustable razor. Pre bookings opened on their Indian website and I have booked one. Some freebies thrown in for prebooking like a brass razor stand and 100 blades from some brand I am not aware of.

Prebooking set me back by about 75$ US.

Excited to see this razor coming up !

From their website :

"Pearl Flexi razor is all set to leave its mark as a game-changer in the whole wet shaving world. This innovative piece of the razor is made of 100% Brass & 100% CNC machine process. Each razor will come up with its own unique serial number which will differ from razor to razor. It is a two-piece adjustable razor suitable for both beginners as well as experienced ones. This razor has multiple 6 digit setting numbers which is “1-6” with 1 being the mildest & 6 being aggressive"
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

It makes me think that the Rex design wasn't patented. But if it shaves like the Rex for a fraction of the price, it will be a hit.
Unless they get sued for copying the design.

Tried to buy this razor which will be shipped end of October however, the website says Paypal but when I completed the process Paypal was nowhere to be found so I entered my credit card number. The bottom line their system wouldn't accept "international credit cards" To bad because with the shipping charges the total was around $96

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
It makes me think that the Rex design wasn't patented. But if it shaves like the Rex for a fraction of the price, it will be a hit.
Unless they get sued for copying the design.
The Rex Ambassador is hardly a new design, it is, I believe, a complete rip off of, sorry an homage to, the Gibbs adjustable made in France decades previously. There is very little that is new in razor design I think.

The Rex Ambassador is hardly a new design, it is, I believe, a complete rip off of, sorry an homage to, the Gibbs adjustable made in France decades previously. There is very little that is new in razor design I think.

I thought about too, but although the Rex resembles the Gibbs a lot, the shape of the parts parts are different. I am a designer, and one thing is using another design as inspiration and a different things is completely ripping off a design. This new one and the Rex look almost identical, they just changed the texture of the handle and dial. But leaving that aside, I think if this new razor performs equally as good as the Rex for a fraction of the price, it is going to be a complete hit. I do own a Rex and it is one of my best razors, the only downside in my opinion is its high price. If I didn’t have a Rex, I would definitely order this new one. It looks promising :)

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well, I applaud them for producing an all brass adjustable and the price seems decent, but having just picked up an all steel rex, I'll stay on the sidelines until I see some promotional shaves from Mantic59 or some of those guys.

well, I applaud them for producing an all brass adjustable and the price seems decent, but having just picked up an all steel rex, I'll stay on the sidelines until I see some promotional shaves from Mantic59 or some of those guys.
Same. Rex just arrived today.
Waiting to hear about this one.
It does seem promising.

It looks like they are paying attention. I received an email from them saying they saw my order but are having trouble with international payments and will have a solution soon.
Great!!! Just the info I needed to have to order that one too.....
Need more time with the rex.
Besides the different angle than I'm used to and the blade I chose to put in, it still have me a great shave!!!
And now hearing this, I must get that one with all my pretties haha.

Great!!! Just the info I needed to have to order that one too.....
Need more time with the rex.
Besides the different angle than I'm used to and the blade I chose to put in, it still have me a great shave!!!
And now hearing this, I must get that one with all my pretties haha.
I still have a mint fat boy and slim to try lol been on a vintage kick. Mmoc and a pal injector recently,like a gamble once on awhile.

This is probably the same place where they are building the Fat-Guy?
Just check the pictures, the finish is mediocre on a good day....all the edges are rough, very uneven.

This is probably the same place where they are building the Fat-Guy?
Just check the pictures, the finish is mediocre on a good day....all the edges are rough, very uneven.
I doubt uneven edges considering its CNC milled brass ?

I've owned other pearl razors and the chrome or nickel plating on them is immaculatey thick and even.

Top Bottom