What's new

Pearl all brass adjustable - "Flexi" pre-booked

I have the same issue with my $$$ REX AMBASSADOR. Itw more aggressive on one side than the other. It's been repaired once yet the same problem persists

I guess any adjustable whatever the price will always be at the mercy of a 1$ spring making or breaking the deal!

With both razors being CNC milled I dont think there would be any other issues except for this damn spring:(

Reactions: abj
Here it is my "Shave Maharaja" flexi razor !

20201123_174906.jpg
20201123_174939.jpg
20201123_175541.jpg
20201123_180114.jpg

Last edited:
I have the same issue with my $$$ REX AMBASSADOR. Itw more aggressive on one side than the other. It's been repaired once yet the same problem persists

I guess any adjustable whatever the price will always be at the mercy of a 1$ spring making or breaking the deal!

With both razors being CNC milled I dont think there would be any other issues except for this damn spring:(
The guide plate has a hole milled in it for the post on the top cap to go through. That hole is far too large and the shoulder on the top cap is too short. That is where the wobble is coming from. They need to remix the post on the top cap to be longer and larger in diameter. Check this video by Kevy Shaves that expands on the issue.

The guide plate has a hole milled in it for the post on the top cap to go through. That hole is far too large and the shoulder on the top cap is too short. That is where the wobble is coming from. They need to remix the post on the top cap to be longer and larger in diameter. Check this video by Kevy Shaves that expands on the issue.

This is the Same problem I have with the Rex Ambassador rszor. It wobbles length wise just like Kevy shaves shows for the flexi. However the wobble on my Rex is much worse and I can see the gap at lower settings too :(

I think with the second batch, they are going to remove most if not all of the issues and things will be ok. Such things happen from time to time with adjustable razors, because they have too many parts and a lot of things can go wrong and that happend before with way more expensive razors, but since this one is made in India, people like to bash it a bit more. I would like to see a side by side comparison with the Rex Ambassador and how aggresive the Pearl is on the higher settings. I'm thinking about getting one, but i'm not 100% sure yet. I'm addicted to very efficient and also smooth razors and if this one is mid aggresive on the higher settings like Rockwell 6S or not very smooth, then it would be a hard pass for me.

I did break out my Rex to see if there's similar issues and there is not, although this is a 3rd quarter 2019 run of the Rex. I'm hoping they had this figured out by then.

Is there anyone who tried both the Flexi and the Rex to share his opinion if both razors are similar shave-wise or very different.

Is there anyone who tried both the Flexi and the Rex to share his opinion if both razors are similar shave-wise or very different.

I have both. A shave on 2.7 on both give a similar smooth and efficient shave. 3 plus both are too aggresive for me.

I have both. A shave on 2.7 on both give a similar smooth and efficient shave. 3 plus both are too aggresive for me.

If they are not so different at all, then all I have to do is wait for the second batch with the improved version of this razor to be available and I might grab one.

If they are not so different at all, then all I have to do is wait for the second batch with the improved version of this razor to be available and I might grab one.

As long as the QC issues with the "spring" are sorted out. Being CNC milled both razors Have perfect lines and alignment otherwise. The flexi is plated to a satin finish.

The Rex feels more grippy and being stainless steel Is lighter than the flexi all brass. Both are substantially on the heavier side but completely well balanced.

The price of the flexi with the "same dimensions" and shave attributes is certainly compelling

When will we know about a so called second batch of these being made?

I contacted them a few days ago via email and they told me that they are planning to release a "small" batch of razors within a month and if I want to reserve one, I have to give them my name, phone number and address and when the razors are ready for shipping they are going to contact me for the payment. I can always change my mind and refuse to pay for the razor, but I think there's some demand and I was also assured that the new ones are going to be without issues and that everyone who got a defective razor has or will receive spare parts/ new razors or/and refund. I think the main issue is the spring while everything else is fine, but I could be wrong. Regardless, a solid brass adjustable razor which ranges from super mild to super aggressive and most people wouldn't dare using it past setting 3 just like the Rex Ambassador and also cheaper is hard to ignore. Some people even call it the killer of most (if not all) modern adjustable razors like Rockwell T, Merkur Progress and Parker Variant all of which have zamak parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well, I applaud them for producing an all brass adjustable and the price seems decent, but having just picked up an all steel rex, I'll stay on the sidelines until I see some promotional shaves from Mantic59 or some of those guys.

And not just any old run-of-the-mill brass:

1608326541231.png

But after all, it's:

1608326607514.png

So it's gotta be good, right?

Images from Pearl's website. You'd think they could invest in a college student to proofread their copy.

Top Bottom