What's new

Pearl adjustable

I've booked one already. Waiting to ship. They surprise me today morning by asking for something I would like to emboss to personalise..nice touch

At this price I would have been all over this, but I just picked up a Rex and I don't see this as something I need.

I have an order in, they are figuring out international payments still. Quick email response , mentioned this in the other thread on these. Taking a gamble.

I mentioned this before but love that 195 adjustment dial nod. Numbers too. More rounded, thicker baseplate like the Gibbs looks nice. I hope it completely disassembles for interior cleaning, that would be nice.

Just wish they didn’t borrow that ugly boxed in baseplate and fat handle of the Rex. Overall, very nice though. If I hadn’t disposed of my RAD, would probably have picked one up. Who knows down the road. Hopefully they didn't copy the short posts of the Rex.

1st Shave with the Razor Pearl Flexi Adjustable
Soap Coconut Lime
Brush Yaqi 24mm Green Mink
Blade Derby Usta 1st
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Proraso Green Splash and Balm
Received this razor famous now for the uneven gap and slanted head. I found it's every bit as true but the slanted head can be quickly fixed (albeit temporarily) while both sides blade exposure not the same I can't fix. I set it at 2.5 and paired it with the blade...ohh man...had one of my best shaves for the past weeks. Despite the blade exposure and knowingly using both sides, I had an excellent mostly bbs to dfs result after 3passes without any issues. Wow! Really surprising! The razor is really hefty, solid, and with a good grippy handle.
20201231_105731.jpg

I'm interested in this as surrogate of Rex Ambassador. Differences Between?
Short version:
Flexi is a good bit heavier.
Knurling is less grippy.

Ambassador is more responsive (i.e., lighter).
Sits better in the (my) hand.

Differences are really negligible. The Flexi is not a surrogate, but it is in no way a bad razor. Shaves (to me) were pretty indistinguishably comparable on the same settings with the same blade.

I bought the V6 version and in other sites i saw the V3, V8…
Does anyone knows the differencies between the various versions?

I bought the V6 version and in other sites i saw the V3, V8…
Does anyone knows the differencies between the various versions?
I have never owned a Pearl but I think there is much misconception out there as there has only been 2 versions of this razor, (to my knowledge), and it would seem that many retailers are listing the production run #'s as a new version and this is where the confusion stems from... Last I'd seen there had only been 6 production runs on the V2...

Top Bottom