What's new

Peace Officers Memorial Day, 2022

I can't let the day end without bringing this up. Today, May 15, 2022 is Peace Officers Memorial Day in the United States. May 15th. was first proclaimed Peace Officers Memorial Day in 1962 by President John Fitzgerald Kennedy. On this day we remember and memorialize Officers from not only the USA, but worldwide whos lives have been lost while protecting and serving others. These fine men and women are our parents, siblings, relatives, friends and neighbors.
As a retired Police Veteran of 27+ years who was fortunate enough to come home every day, I humbly ask my brothers and sisters at B&B to take a moment to remember my brothers and sisters who proudly and selflessly wore the badge and paid the ultimate price.
Thank You, sincerely.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I can't let the day end without bringing this up. Today, May 15, 2022 is Peace Officers Memorial Day in the United States. May 15th. was first proclaimed Peace Officers Memorial Day in 1962 by President John Fitzgerald Kennedy. On this day we remember and memorialize Officers from not only the USA, but worldwide whos lives have been lost while protecting and serving others. These fine men and women are our parents, siblings, relatives, friends and neighbors.
As a retired Police Veteran of 27+ years who was fortunate enough to come home every day, I humbly ask my brothers and sisters at B&B to take a moment to remember my brothers and sisters who proudly and selflessly wore the badge and paid the ultimate price.
Thank You, sincerely.
Thank you for the reminder. Sorry I'm just now seeing this.

My last 2+ years of nursing involved working alongside these fine women and men. It was an honor. Quite possibly the most dangerous job that is so unappreciated by the masses.

thanks for the thread, dapper. I am "on the job" myself and our retirement minimum is 27 years. seems a long road to navigate. oh well. back at it tomorrow night. I am sure the drunks will be out in full force and the tourists acting fools as the holiday winds down...

I personally hate holiday weekends. always busy and never any peace and R+R like most enjoy. 4th of july historically is the worst night I have to work, on top of the BS calls lots of messy domestics. christmas is no fun either, about midnight 2020 on Xmas eve I had to arrest a coworkers wife for DV in front of the kids. fun times... nothing quite like doing that and at 6AM going home to your own and trying to act like a normal person for your own kids.

Retired in 2016 after 23 years on the job. Took another part time gig for the local Sheriff for two years after. Honestly, I cannot fathom having to get up every morning and face that again every day. I don't know how I did it and I certainly know how all of the younger Men and Women do it every day now. I attended too many funerals and even after retirement, the "job" took several others due to stress, alcohol and suicide.

It's a thankless job. Until you come home and look into the mirror and agree to wake up tomorrow and do it all over again.

Stay Safe.

Retired in 2016 after 23 years on the job. Took another part time gig for the local Sheriff for two years after. Honestly, I cannot fathom having to get up every morning and face that again every day. I don't know how I did it and I certainly know how all of the younger Men and Women do it every day now. I attended too many funerals and even after retirement, the "job" took several others due to stress, alcohol and suicide.

It's a thankless job. Until you come home and look into the mirror and agree to wake up tomorrow and do it all over again.

Stay Safe.
Thank you sir!

Top Bottom